Search Unity

Uni2LwP : Create Live Wallpapers with Unity 3.4.2 /3.5.7/ 4.0/4.0.1

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by shinx, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. degortg

degortg

I understand very little English, tell me how to disable the settings so that only the button to set a wallpaper???

2. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please contact me using this form and I will help you.

Best regards,
    Shinx

3. All_American

All_American

I am trying to check the System.DateTime in the lwp and I have an if statement set up for the object in the lwp to appear and reappear depending on the DateTime. It is working but only if I uninstall and reinstall the lwp. It will not fire the if statement in the update function.

How can I make this work?

4. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please contact me using this form and send me the relevant code. Maybe I can help :)

Best regards,
    Shinx

5. shinx

shinx

6. StudioDKP

StudioDKP

7. woaihoh

woaihoh

Hi, I just updated to 1.5, and now my app crashes when I open the setting menu.
    Even when i start with a complete new project.
    1.4 works fine though, so how do i go back to 1.4, cos i really don't need any volume control.

8. tammymin

tammymin

http://www.o2yc.comHi.
    We are doing some 3D live wallpaper. Before also bought unity2eclipes, but has not been updated. Now we want to change this plugin. Why not support untiy 4.1 above it. You can look at our wallpaper
    www.o2yc.com

9. shinx

shinx

Hello woaihoh,

You probably didn't update everything. Please contact me using this form and I will help you :)

Unity 4.1+ libraries aren't prepared to run as live wallpaper services. That's the only reason why Uni2LwP doesn't work with 4.1+

Best regards,
    Shinx

10. jka4kcha

jka4kcha

I just wanted to stop in quick and say hello and thanks. I cant help but notice how actively you stay with this product and that its really appreciated - I check back about every other week to see if you have cracked the unity 4.1 ++ problem. I look forward to that day.

As a side note, I would also like to point out that i think it would be super beneficial to this thread and to this community if you could post the answers to the questions people ask here. I know its important to check to see that the users have actually purchased the plugin by verifying the code, but the community misses out on all the answers when that stuff happens behind closed doors - thats my two cents.

thanks again and good luck

11. kfc

kfc

[Release] Smiling Santa 3D LiveWallpaper

Hi, I've released a Santa Claus LiveWallpaper with your plugin.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aeonsparx.smilingsanta&hl=en

It's a free app with animated santa and effects. Currently implemented admob and in the settings page. I would like to know whether there's any way that we can implement admob in to the 3d home screen view as well?
    such as this http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/173292-Admob-Unity-Package-that-work-with-Unity-3-2-amp-above?

Attached Files:

12. shinx

shinx

Hello,

I did some research on this and it's not possible to add Admob ads to a live wallpaper service class.It only works with Android activities and not services. You can however implement Interstitial Admob ads that occupy the entire screen(Android Activity). Another solution is to use other mobile advertising companies that support ads on live wallpaper services (Millennialmedia is one of them). But if you want my advice, Android users don't like ads on the main screen and you will probably get a lot of 1 star reviews on Google Play :(

Best regards,
    Shinx

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  13. kfc

kfc

Thanks for your reply.
    I've just been trying to explore for the possibility and keep it as a back up plan if required for future projects. Currently I'm feeling ok with keeping the ads in Preference. I'm in the middle to testing it's performance.
    One thing I believe home screen advertising might be not so annoying is when we are doing it like "In movie product placement" than simply a nag screen. What I would like to achieve is to have the 3d view showing some clickable banners which can trigger for opening some websites. This might not going to be dynamic advertising but more like static banners which made clickable.
    I've made some clickable buttons in unity3d but those buttons won't get any http links open. is there any way that I can make such functionality in Eclipse and make a call from unity3d view?

14. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Hello Shinx,

I am trying to test my lwp on Froy 2.2 on Samsung Europa phone but the lwp doesn't not install, error message is; Installation failed due to invalid APK file! I already have version 2.2 SDK installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

15. shinx

shinx

You will probably have to create your own Unity Android plugin that starts a new activity when you click the buttons.

From just that message the only thing I can think of is that you probably forgot to sign the lwp APK file.

16. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Sorry Shinx, I didn't mean testing in that sense, I'm running it of eclipse. It loads on my galaxy note 3 fine but not on europa. Thanks for your reply help!

17. kfc

kfc

18. shinx

shinx

If it's working fine on your Note 3 then the problem is not related with Eclipse nor sdk versions. Is the APK file (older version) already installed on that device? If it is then It's possible that the version of that APK that you already have installed has a different signature. Try uninstalling the APK from the device first and then installing it again with Eclipse. Also, check for internal memory free space. Since it's an old device internal memory may be low and the installation fails. Try removing some apps before installing.
    I hope that helps :)

Best regards,
    Shinx

19. shinx

shinx

20. mdewyea

mdewyea

Shinx How do I reset the uni2lwp in my scene. I changed some naming. Everytime I click create live wallpaper the update one shows up. I deleted uni2lwp from my project then re-imported a fresh one and the same update option is up. So how do reset it so I can start from the beginning with it

21. mdewyea

mdewyea

I need to set a new project path

22. shinx

shinx

Hi,

Please contact me using this form and I will help you.

Best regards,
    Shinx

23. thezefs

thezefs

Attached Files:

24. gulfam131

gulfam131

I need help, I want to use gallery images as some of textures, Any body have any idea to do this. Thanks in advance.

25. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Hi,

Can anyone help me?
    I have a flame object in my project which I would like to be able to hide on the preference settings screen.
    I have cubes which I am able to hide using the hideTag method but the flame object does not hide using this method.

Regards.

26. wahyuway

wahyuway

I have this trouble too, changing or hiding prefab using preferences setting.
    A little help really appreciate

27. gulfam131

gulfam131

try this one

public GameObject obj;
    obj.SetActive(false);

28. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

Thanks! I'll give this a try.
    Regards.

29. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

I tried but get errors. Would you have a script I can try?

Thanks.

30. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

31. dimmduh

dimmduh

I guess, it will banned, because you use "Liverpool" word, trademark and etc.

32. invisiblesense

invisiblesense

I didn't know that you can't use the word 'Liverpool'? There are other wallpapers/apps on Google Play with Liverpool on them.

33. steveyj91

steveyj91

Thanks man this is awesome, I just published this wallpaper to the store using your add-on.
    Strings 3D
    $Screenshot_2014-01-24-13-58-37-01_framed.png

34. johnnydj

johnnydj

will this ever work in Unity 4.3 ?
    Or is there another alternative to create live wallpapers?

35. shinx

shinx

Hi,

That depends entirely on Unity fixing the libs to be compatible with Android live wallpaper services. As far as I know there are no alternatives.

Best regards,
    Shinx

36. lazygunn

lazygunn

Just as a word for the Liverpool thing, Liverpool is a city in England, it's safe from copyright problems

Having to swap between 4 and 4.3 s a pain so my stuff with this will have to wait, i do hope Unity reintroduce the wallpaper changing things

37. shinx

shinx

Hello,

I'd like to take the opportunity to mention that Uni2LwP is currently 50% off (February Asset Store Madness sale).

Best regards,
    Shinx

$uni2lwp.png

38. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I think I got a bit too overexcited and after reading "Requires Unity 3.4.2 or higher." I think I may not have bought what I thought, regardless of the warning texts I *for once* skipped :-/

Isn't really any other way to make it work with latter versions?
    Is there some system that simplifies Unity version switch?
    Any workaround?

Because as it is now it seems like there won't be any support for newer versions, it's stuck to a few ones.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  39. shinx

shinx

The latest versions of Unity libraries (4.1+/4.2+/4.3+) don't support live wallpapers or daydream services. As soon as we instantiate the UnityPlayer class Unity crashes. It doesn't even reach Uni2LwP engine. This also means that only Unity can fix this. I have already submitted bug reports to Unity regarding this issue.

You can have several versions of Unity installed on the same system. All you need to do is rename the Unity folder after installing a version. To open the projects just press the ALT key after double clicking on the Unity icon (this will prevent opening projects with the wrong version).

Kind regards,
    Shinx

40. Snipper

Snipper

I recently bought uni2lwp, I already have issues and want to use you support page. But I have no idea where to find my product invoice number nor do I know where to find out which version I have. (PS I bought it during the asset sale recently and I have Unity 4.0 running).

41. ElectroSphere

ElectroSphere

Hey shinx,

I sent you a message with the contact form you have in your website, can you check it please ?

cya

42. shinx

shinx

Hello,

You can find the invoice number inside the PDF file that unity sent you when you purchased Uni2LwP on the Asset Store.
    Alternately, you can also find it if you login into your Unity Account here : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/. After that, click on your name (top right of the screen) and every asset that you purchased should be there.

Best regards,
    Shinx

43. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Please check your email.

Best regards,
    Shinx

44. dimmduh

dimmduh

45. gamescorpion

gamescorpion

Amazing Asset! Totally has saved me a LOT of time!

A nice note for others => If you don't want to RE-DO everything in eclipse after exporting an eclipse project using Uni2LwP, do the following:

ASSUMING YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE A FIRST EXPORT AND SETUP WITHIN ECLIPSE USING Uni2LwP

1. The second time exporting your game, go into Unity and export a GOOGLE ANDROID PROJECT
    2. On the exported folder, go into the assets->bin folder and copy the Data Folder
    3. Go to your workspace->Project Name on your hard drive and inside the Assets->bin folder, OVERWRITE the Data folder with the newly exported one
    4. Go into Eclipse and recompile, and your new version is now live, no need to redo all your eclipse code again!!!

:) Hope that little trick helps save some other noobs like me lots of time :)

Once again, AMAZING plugin that has saved me MASSIVE TIME in exporting to eclipse rather than figuring it all out myself. Now I just click a button and import the project and I'm ready to go in Eclipse :) Thanks to the devs who made this one! 5/5 star!

God Bless!

Nav

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  46. shinx

shinx

Hello,

Thank you for the great review :)

You can also update your App or Live Wallpaper using my extensions. After creating the project the first time if you don’t change the location of the folder, my extensions will automatically detect the previously created project and change the extension window button from Create to Update .This means that you don’t need to manually copy any file/folder from Unity to Eclipse.

Best regards,
    Shinx

$update.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  47. gamescorpion

gamescorpion

EVEN BETTER!

Thanks for this awesome asset Shinx :)

Nav

48. akuczera

akuczera

onOffsetsChanged seems not working on devices like galaxy s4 or other phones which using "min-preview-tabs" for tabchange. Any solution here? The emulated swipe don't feel right :(
    Or is it possible to add more then 3 swipe-tabs to the emulated option?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  49. shinx

shinx

Hello,

There is no other solution. Samsung (Touchwiz UI) doesn't call the onOffsetsChanged method. You can only detect swipe movement by using gestures and that's why I have implemented that code. If 3 swipe screens aren't enough I also have the code for 5 screens. Please contact me using this form and I will email you the code. If anyone else also wants that same code just contact me.

If there is enough demand I will include that code in the next version of Uni2LwP :)

Best regards,
    Shinx

50. akuczera

akuczera

Nice support! Thank you very much! Send you the email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.