Search Unity

Uni2D tool: A new amazing way to create 2D games in Unity!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Bento-Studio, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Crivens

Crivens

That's excellent. Works perfectly now. I was trying to do something on the same lines, but couldn't quite get it right. And that execute in editor option is a new one for me. Will definitely come in handy. Thanks for the code!

Cheers

2. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@nickgravelyn Excellent!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

And in case you missed it, I posted that script along with one for viewport relative positioning of objects a few back: https://gist.github.com/nickgravelyn/4354479. This one is good for any objects but can be useful to position HUD or UI elements relative to the viewport.

4. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

will the new version of Uni2D solve the problm with the Unity Inspector?
    I mean this choppy working (lags as hell) if you select a Uni2D Sprite with Inspector opened :/

5. Crivens

Crivens

Bento said it would earlier in this thread. My (considerable) lag goes away when I minimise the Uni2D section of the inspector.

Cheers

6. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  7. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

when i copy this file and replace the existing one.. i got this error:

8. Crivens

Crivens

9. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@Chaosgod_Espér : Oops sorry, it's fixed now.
    @Crivens yes edit fix thanks

10. Crivens

Crivens

I get the same error as Chaosgod when using the new cs file. Note I am still using Uni2D 1.0 with Unity 4.01. Also it still had the same lag as before.

Cheers

11. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@Crivens Try to download the last version. We had erroneously used the 1.1 beta version and not the 1.0.
    best regards

12. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

still massive lags when the inspector is opened :/

@Crivens:
    I minimized the inspector Uni2D Tabs. But to create a collission system, i need to have this opened - and when every click takes 2 minutes - it´s hell of work ^^"

13. Crivens

Crivens

Downloaded it again and now the error has gone away. I think it seems faster, but still really quite slow with Uni2D inspector item open. Note even using other inspector items is really slow. Close Uni2D inspector item and it's all fast again. I'm talking about 2 seconds to toggle the Mesh Renderer "Cast shadows" tick box. But before the download link above it was freezing for like 5 to 10 seconds each time.

Cheers

14. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

when i open the Uni2D inspector items, it takes nearly 20 seconds to show them. every click takes 40 seconds or longer. and closing again 10-20 seconds.

15. Crivens

Crivens

Mine was like that, but now is about 2 seconds. I think I'll wait for 2.0 and see how that goes. I'm going to restart my main Uni2D project then anyway. Any better idea of a release date Bento?

Cheers

16. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@Crivens and @Chaosgod_Espér
    We maybe have a last solution for you with a patch written by Brad Gearon.
    It's not an optimal solution because you must work in the ressource folder.
    But we can not enough thank Brad for this excellent idea.

Maybe it could again solve partially the problem.
    You could download the file here :
    http://www.bento-studio.com/Forum/Uni2DEditorUtils.cs

But yes if you could wait some weeks for the release and make a reboot of your project on the 2.0 this is and by far, the best solution.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  17. fluxa

fluxa

Hi Bento, I have some issues with the Uni2D Sprite inspector, I'm trying to change the Pivot point but no matter what I choose the pivot always stays at "Middle Center". I'm using Unity 4.0.1 and Uni2D 1.0.
    Also in the documentation there's a tutorial file referenced that I couldn't find in the unity package: "Uni2DSpriteTutorial.pdf". Currently, I didn't find any kind of introduction on how to get started with the framework. There are the videos, but they just show the features but no introduction. For instance in the videos I see that you just drag and drop the assets to the scene and they become "Uni2D Sprites", how do I do this? Thanks!

18. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@Fluxa
    Hi! So thanks your feedback it's seem there is a bug with unity 4 and pivot points. You will have this issue solved in the new version planned if everything running well in some weeks
    Sorry we have no tutorials yet but we are working on tutorial for the new version.
    Once Uni2D is installed, you just have to take your texture from your resource and just drag and drop it in the scene view window!
    Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  19. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

Quwstion for the future:
    will there be a waay to update the collider via script? so i can dig holes into my sprite via blitting - and update the physic?
    This would make 2D shooters like worms, or digging systems way easier

20. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello,

Uni2D only yet supports polygons collision with Ageia PhysX engine. Worms use a per pixel very efficient collision system... and Uni2D have a totally different approach. It has not been designed to be used in runtime (and would certainly never be for a runtime use).
    But if you want to try this you have all the source code and you can imagine making some test to achieve this. But again, good results could be really tricky to be obtained due to non planned use combined to Ageia PhysX.

21. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

Hi :)

Sry for asking - but, are there any news about an update?

22. Jawad

Jawad

how much time to build a game on this toolkit???

23. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@ Chaosgod_Espér
    No problem, we try to deliver ASAP now. We currently work on tutorials and documentation.

@Jawad
    It's not a very simple question ;) It depends of the game you want to do.

24. nemoryoliver

nemoryoliver

How did you did the background of the game in your sample demo presentation. was it a skybox? or all were a sprite? I am loving your tool. Also I am developing for android. Can you recommend me the correct sizes I should use in photoshop? And what should be the distance of the camera. or the min and max. so I can improve the performance. Please thanks.

25. nemoryoliver

nemoryoliver

26. nemoryoliver

nemoryoliver

I am getting this error:

27. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

@nemoryolivier
    The background is a simple sprite scaled to fit the entire screen and parented to the camera.
    There is no particulary recommanded size because it depends of your game/plateforme needs.
    About the parallax we will provide in the next week a script that allow you to do this.
    For end this error is due to the physic engine that failed to intialize the physic. Try to change your parameters and check if you don't have any object with a scale of 0.

28. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Is the update out yet?

We're having major troubles colaborating when using this tool. Every .meta file changes, and all assets are reimported each time when we include Uni2D. Hope 2.0 fixes this! If we could participate in a beta please email me (info@tjheuvel.net).

29. nemoryoliver

nemoryoliver

Uni2D Lags my Unity3D. I am only importing a 23KB PNG Image. with an empty scene.

30. nemoryoliver

nemoryoliver

thanks

31. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

this lag should be fixed with the next update, wich should be realeased since a bit of time :/

any news when it is online?

32. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

any news about the update? cause we need to start with building the levels with uni2D in the next time :/

33. BTStone

BTStone

Look in the Uni2D-Beta-Thread. They need some weeks for polishing and documentation/tutorials.

34. TempusThales

TempusThales

I bought the plugin, under my account, but someone else in the company is going to be using it, (not me), can they use the plugin on their workstation? Or we would need to buy it again?

35. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello Badr,

From our side no pb you can use your own version, no need to buy a new license.

Best regards.

36. WitchLake

WitchLake

Hi fellows Unity Developpers and Uni2D fan's!
    WitchLake's proud to announce the begining of the developpement of Sam's Chronicles a brand new 2.5D platform game entierly built with the great Uni2D Plug-In! Thanks to them!

Here is a little preview of the prototype for you guys!

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and give us your feedback!

Cheers!

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  37. Train

Train

WitchLake, that video looks very nice. I like the graphic style. Well done!

38. TempusThales

TempusThales

I have been making a Tower Defense game with Uni2D. We are looking into adding the Pathfinding options to the game, and wanted to know if UNI2D has a built in Pathfinder. If not, which pathfinder do you guys recommend that works great with UNI2D.

Thanks!

39. Chaosgod_Esper

Chaosgod_Esper

40. devfo

devfo

I really like you animation in your prototype of the game you're developing WitchLake, and its so smooth! What program did you use to animate it? I've been wanting to buy Uni2D for a while now, but I just can't figure out how to make those smooth animations like in your game for my characters. Can you tell me how you did it? Thx.

-DevFo

41. X_RuKaSu_X

X_RuKaSu_X

I am looking forward to this tool, it looks really amazing, but i have one question:
    Can i use SpriteSheets to animate Sprites?
    Thanks.

42. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Hello,

Today is a great day for us.

And I want to start this post by a BIG thanks to all the beta users for their considerable work because you really have helped us to improve this new version of Uni2D.
    You have been more than 100 users(!) and your feedbacks was really important for us.

We are now really close of the new version ...because the package have just been submitted!

We know we are not perfect, so I want to thanks all the patients users of Uni2D v1.X., waiting for this new release. Again, we have taken all this time to deliver a good product.

So, I really hope you will be happy to see this:

Again, I don't find words to describe how we are proud to see what you did in one year with our tools!

And now our biggest concern with this new version : bringing you more inspiration, more creativity and simplicity to create your games.

So see you very soon for the release!
    Best regards,
    All the Bento Team.

43. paraself

paraself

Brilliant! Congratulations on launching the v2. After months of waiting it finally comes ;)
    I'd prefer to have a look of the change log since the last public beta5, if it's available now;)
    PS: Thanks for adding our work into the trailer ;)
    Cheers!

44. nuverian

nuverian

Congratulations! Looking really great :)

45. YogX

YogX

I have decided to finally buy Uni2D!
    But all I can see in the store is version 1.0.

Should I buy it? Or should I wait for the new version?
    Also, any good Uni2D tutorials out there?

Thanks!

46. p6r

p6r

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A lot of inspiration... You're right !!!

6R

47. Bento-Studio

Bento-Studio

Thanks for your congrats!
    We are really excited!!

Yes Uni2D v2 have just been sent to Unity for approval.
    If you buy Uni2D now you will get the plugin at the best price because you will access to the v2 for free! ;)

48. paraself

paraself

Hi BentoStudio
    Where can I find the changelog and bug fixes? and also if possible some documentation of the v2?
    Best

49. YogX

YogX

That's great to hear!
    Any new tutorials on the way? Can't wait to start learning about how to use Uni2D :)

50. p6r

p6r

A question :
    Is it for Unity3D 3.5 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Hope so because I have Unity3D Pro but I can't buy 4.x...

6R