Search Unity

[Uni Project] Looking for opinions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matticus_Art, Feb 18, 2016.

?

What interests you in a game?

Poll closed Feb 19, 2016.
  1. Rewards

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. New Experiences

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Both

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Another Reason

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Matticus_Art

Matticus_Art

Hello everyone, I am currently writing an essay for my university course and I am currently gathering some primary research around my topic. If you have some spare time please respond to my survey. Essentially I want to know what draws you to games?

Do you primarily play games because you enjoy being rewarded? You can't wait for that new gear or love the fact that you're at the top of a leader board.

Or do you play games because you like being immersed in new worlds? Experiencing new things that you can't do in real life and new stories.

Or do you need both?

Or perhaps neither of these are the reasons why you play games, please discuss in the comments!

I appreciate this is a simplified survey for what is perhaps to some of you not a simple question but I appreciate any feedback and it will help me a lot! Thank you!

2. dogmachris

dogmachris

I like to be shown a fascinating world and being told an interactive interesting and thrilling story within that world. gameplay, graphics, music, scenery increase the value of a game for me even further, but if one or two of those things are bad, it's not neccessarily a knock-out criteria for me.

3. Teravisor

Teravisor

I'd go with those:
    For those who don't know you can click a small arrow at title of quote, here's link to that thread. It's huge and mostly has same idea as this one.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  4. neginfinity

neginfinity

Story and gameplay. Both aren't on the list for some reason.

kittik likes this.