Search Unity

Unhandled exception

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ManAmazin, Nov 8, 2013.

1. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

trying to port android game over to windows phone...run excellent on Android and now windows phone wont get pass the initial menu scene it crashes with an unhamded exception and i cant catch why

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

> UltimateDodgeball.DLL!UltimateDodgeball.App.Application_UnhandledException(object sender, System.Windows.ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e) Line 104 C#

3. tswalk

tswalk

are you able to set a breakpoint prior to that line and step through to perhaps see what values are being passed around?... generally, you could place the code within a try/catch .. but not sure what your code is and are doing.

4. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

i was actually about to set up a try and catch just didnt give it thought with android

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

System.Windows.ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e parameter in that function should be able to tell you more about what's going wrong.

6. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

when i clicked on call stack to show parameter values my previous post turned to this:

> UltimateDodgeball.DLL!UltimateDodgeball.App.Application_UnhandledException(object sender = {UltimateDodgeball.App}, System.Windows.ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e = {System.Windows.ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs}) Line 104 C#

7. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

dude this is weird :mad:

8. ManAmazin

ManAmazin

here a screen shot the unhandled exception came from an out of memory exception going from my menu to my "Stage1" scene game works great on android not sure why it isn't working on windows phone or why we are getting this error

Attached Files:

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

As I said, check the value of the "e" parameter in application unhandled exception handler.