Search Unity

Feedback Unfortunate disparity between Unity Editor ad testing and final iOS release.

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by DaveKap, Dec 18, 2021.

1. DaveKap

DaveKap

My build settings are currently set up for iOS, I run my app in the editor and correctly get ads when I'm supposed to, I push to testflight and run the app on my device, the ads don't show anymore. Shouldn't disparities like this be caught by the editor, especially now that there's more problems being introduced via the privacy prompts being forced on the platform?

Edit: To be more constructive with my criticism, the editor should recognize what build target is being used and recognize if the waterfall setup and ad units are configured correctly instead of just assuming that it's all working fine and return ad functions as successful by default.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  2. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @DaveKap , unfortunately, in editor testing is very limited. The purpose is to allow our users to test their integration into the project, but it is not possible to test the whole flow without testing on a device. To display ads we need to communicate with adNetwork libraries that simply do not exist on PC/Mac/Linux, so we can't validate that an ad would properly display, or be served by the ad network.