Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected recursive transfer of MonoBehaviour.

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Jodon, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Jodon

Jodon

Hello,

Just installed 5.4.0b7 to see what the upcoming changes are going to be like. I'm building an Android build with VR support, but I can't get through the build process. It keeps saying this error on different assets each time I build:

Unexpected recursive transfer of MonoBehaviour. MonoBehaviour '' is being transferred while trying to transfer MonoBehaviour 'MinionCreatureIce'
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

It works fine in 5.3.2p4 which is what I'm upgrading from. Anyone else run into this issue?

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

The warning can be safely ignored.

We have a fix incoming for future betas.

3. Jodon

Jodon

In my case it doesn't appear to be a warning and my build fails to produce a binary. My game is an Android game using VR if that helps. I didn't upload the project because it's large and my upstream bandwidth is not the greatest, I figured someone else must have run into this... apparently not.

JonDadley likes this.
  4. JonDadley

JonDadley

I'm also seeing this - these 'warnings' and no executable produced by the build. Here's what I see in the console post-build:

5. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

A fix for the unexpected recursive transfer of MonoBehaviour error is on it's way and will be fixed in a future beta.

New in Unity 5.4 is that the player builds fail if any errors are printed to the console during build. Even if the errors are harmless.

It looks like you are hitting 5 errors, 2 of which are the unexpected recursive transfer and then 3 others. You can submit a bug report with a repro project and post the case number here. We can then investigate why you are getting the other 3 errors.

ModLunar likes this.