Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unexpected compatilibitylevel

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by jugdemon, Oct 31, 2016.

1. jugdemon

jugdemon

I tested our project with unity 5.5 beta1 and the upgrade worked. Now that I went back to testing things in the newest version I get 999+ error messages with the content:

Unexpected compatilibitylevel
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetMonoIslands()
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.CompilationUnit:CompilationUnits()
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectSystem.UnitySolutionBuilder:.ctor()
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectSystem.UnitySolutionBuilder:CreateSolutionFromAssetDatabase()
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilesGenerator:GenerateProject()
    SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilePostprocessor:OnPreGeneratingCSProjectFiles()
    UnityEditor.SyncVS:SyncVisualStudioProjectIfItAlreadyExists()

How can I resolve this? I presume you made some changes between beta1 and beta9 and the system is currently unable to upgrade appropriately?

I tried to delete the library and let unity recompile, but the problem persists.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Did you by chance use the scripting experimental preview and then went back to normal beta?

3. jugdemon

jugdemon

I merely allowed the 5.5.beta1 to upgrade scripts. From the git diff to the stable 5.4.0f3 version the only upgrade required was to replace "NavMeshAgent" with "UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent" and some changes in ProjectSettings. Could that be the problem?

I removed the actual code changes and reimported the scripts to no avail.

I couldn't make out, what in the ProjectSettings changed, so I just did a hard branch reset and reupgraded from 5.4 and the issue disappeared.

I believe it originated from the ProjectSettings upgrade between 5.5.b1 and 5.5.b9.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

What's your API Compatibility Level is set to in Player Settings? Try changing it to something and then changing it back.