Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UNetWeaver error in b9

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by Cubic_Creo, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Cubic_Creo

Cubic_Creo

I just updated my project from b5 to b9 and now I'm getting the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. UNetWeaver error: Exception :System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path Temp\Assembly-CSharp.pdb
    2.   at System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) [0x00073] in <f826c2584fc94ec19a48a6576640bdc5>:0
    3.   at Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver.Weave (System.String assName, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] dependencies, Mono.Cecil.IAssemblyResolver assemblyResolver, System.String unityEngineDLLPath, System.String unityUNetDLLPath, System.String outputDir) [0x002cf] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\Networking\Weaver\UNetWeaver.cs:1862
    4.   at Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver.WeaveAssemblies (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] assemblies, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] dependencies, Mono.Cecil.IAssemblyResolver assemblyResolver, System.String outputDir, System.String unityEngineDLLPath, System.String unityUNetDLLPath) [0x0004c] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Extensions\Networking\Weaver\UNetWeaver.cs:1888
    5. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    6. Unity.UNetWeaver.Log:Error(String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:20)
    7. Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver:WeaveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1, IEnumerable`1, IAssemblyResolver, String, String, String) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/UNetWeaver.cs:1896)
    8. Unity.UNetWeaver.Program:Process(String, String, String, String[], String[], IAssemblyResolver, Action`1, Action`1) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Weaver/Program.cs:34)
    I don't have any networking code in my project. I tried launching Unity as administrator, but that didn't help.

2. SugoiDev

SugoiDev

That is due to a known bug with the new Incremental Compiler.
    For now, the only fix is to manually patch the weaver to disable it.

Take a look at the Incremental Compiler Thread, there's info on there on how to workaround the issue if you're not using the weaver.

LeonhardP likes this.