Search Unity

UNET (Ummorpg) HUGE Lag

Discussion in 'UNet' started by AKComp, Apr 24, 2020.

1. AKComp

AKComp

Hello, I'm using linux server for my game's server side. I have a huge problem, but i don't know is caused from server or my game project.

Every 20-30~ seconds, be a big lag (during 3~ seconds) and after, everything gets normal. I tried it with 16GB service and 1 GB service, there is no different. And also i tested my game with 300 player yesterday, it is so same with 1 player. So, 1 player or 300 is not changes anything.

1 Player is send and recieve 180~ packets during 30 seconds, and i think it is not big value for a server.

This is Profiler Netwrok Operations:

2. mischa2k

mischa2k

You should update uMMORPG to the latest version.
    It hasn't used UNET for 3 years now :)

AKComp and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. AKComp

AKComp

Hey, i changed almost everything on ummorpg. and not in addons, main scripts such as Player.cs etc. If am i update the ummorpg, will be any problems on project or my game?

thanks

4. AKComp

AKComp

Hello again, if is it work, using "Mirror" on networking side, I can update my project compatible with Mirror. Or anything you suggest. I can't update my MMORPG because, almost everything changed and i think im using very early version of your asset.

And I wrote very complicated game, which has 30k fans alredy. Yesterday, I opened my game for test, there was +1k ccu. I'm working for 3 years on this game :D

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

In that case keep your uMMORPG version, but try to use Mirror at least.
    It brings hundreds of bug fixes and performance improvements over UNET :)

AKComp likes this.
  6. AKComp

AKComp

I'm again. There is a problem to upgrading Unet to Mirror like; No overload for method 'AddPlayer' takes 2 arguments

AddPlayer function can't have an Extra message but I need it for character index, is there an any way?

7. mischa2k

mischa2k

It's easiest if you use exactly the Mirror version that I use in latest uMMORPG. and then compare AddPlayer etc. with latest uMMORPG to see how to do it :)

8. AKComp

AKComp

Hey, i compared and solve this problem, but there is a problem too on my game, CastTimeRemaining() is 0 on the server but, on client side, it is always changing number such as 14.599-13.657...... Why is it?

Thanks.

EDIT: I found source of this error, NetworkTime on the server side and client side are not equal, how to synchronise that?

LAST EDIT: Okey, I forget delete old NetworkTime.cs. Now it works but I have new error on handle of equipment;

"No overload for 'OnEquipmentChanged' matches delegate 'SyncList<ItemSlot>.SyncListChanged'"

LASTLASTLAST EDIT: Okey I Changed it with add new parameters that "ItemSlot new,ItemSlot,old"

Last edited: May 3, 2020