Search Unity

UNET: Random disconnects due to CRCMismatch

Discussion in 'UNet' started by Flarup, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Flarup

Flarup

Hello,

We're testing a UNET based multiplayer game (and yes, we're aware it's deprecated), and we're using the MatchMaker to connect our clients (mobile based). It works fine for a couple of minutes typically, but then the clients typically gets disconnecte due to CRCMismatch.

I have checked and double checked that the NetworkManager IS in sync, and I have increased buffer sizes and timeouts in the Network Manager as well. But the clients still get kicked after a few minutes.

However, in another post (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44635674/unet-randomly-disconnects) someone mentioned that this could be related to bandwidth limit when using the Unity MatchMaker. I don't mind upgrading our Unity account and paying for more bandwidth, but is there any way of knowing beforehand whether this is really the problem?

Is random disconnects due to CRCMismatch really due to bandwidth limit?

The error message doesn't sound like it. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like a CRC problem either, because I can play for a few minutes, and then I get disconnected.

Thank you VERY much in advance for all help.

Kind regards,
    Uffe Flarup