Search Unity

UNET Question

Discussion in 'UNet' started by coombsjoshua20, Sep 7, 2017.

1. coombsjoshua20

coombsjoshua20

I am looking to create a game much like Highrise iOS, so in this game there are "Public Rooms" these rooms are premade and players can go in there and chat and play mini games. its basically a social interaction game.

My question is i wanna have it so all rooms are enterable even if no one is there 24/7 so i think im looking to create a master server I wasnt sure if Low level API would do this or if i can just use UNET directly in engine to make a master server ?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

How is this question urgent?

TwoTen likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You can build what you describe with either the LLAPI or the HLAPI. If this is urgent I'd suggest getting started with UNET tutorials so you can understand how it works.

4. coombsjoshua20

coombsjoshua20

Sorry in essence is is not urgent and ok that answers my question i already did some LLAPI

5. Dirty-Winfree

Dirty-Winfree

If you have any familiarity with LLAPI, HLAPI and networking concepts then this should get you running pretty quickly:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/71391

It's a free asset with fairly decent documentation and a demo that will help you work things out. With this you should be able to create a master server fairly easily. It works well with uNet, so once you're past creating a master server and registering your game servers to the master server, you can use uNet for all your other logic.

6. YesYesNoNo

YesYesNoNo