Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Networking UNET Demo doesn't work, please help

Discussion in '5.1 Beta' started by QI, Jun 8, 2015.

1. QI

QI

Hi there,
    I just downloaded the UNET demo(tanks, 2d space shooter and more) and trying to give it a try.
    So I set my cloud project ID and build the project. Then I run one as a Mac application and another in editor.
    I use match maker to create a host and use the game that runs in editor to find a match, but it seems that finding match doesn't work correctly, and no lobby is showing up, here is some logs :
    Screen Shot 2015-06-08 at 1.23.17 PM.png

I really can't understand why this happens, if any one know what is it, please help.

Thanks.

2. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

That error indicates you're on an old version of the beta/RC. Is that the case? If so, please upgrade to the latest version and try again.

3. QI

QI

Thanks you very much, I have upgraded to 5.1f2 and now it work.
    But I noticed that the network game doesn't works smooth in my place which is China, is there any way to build the match making server myself or does Unity have some plans to improve their servers?

Thanks you.

4. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

That's great to hear!
    We're going to have several datacenters available worldwide so you can pick the most optimal for where a player is located. Currently you're probably connecting to our servers in north america, which wouldn't be optimal for gameplay because of the latency in talking to a datacenter half way across the world.
    More details will be posted soon.

5. QI

QI

That is so nice, thanks you.
    But what about the prizes? I don't think I am able to accept a high price

6. BenZed

BenZed

I've done a lot of searching on google, and I've somehow come up blank. Where are you downloading these multiplayer demos from? I've checked the downloaded example projects, the asset store, google and I can't seem to find them!

EDIT:

Nevermind. Found them literally a minute later.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/networking-sample-projects.325096/