Search Unity

Underwater Temple[WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Thunderent, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

I'm starting a WIP thread on my competition entry for the Underwater Contest.

I'm starting my own thread because there are too many pictures of my scene and I want some feedback on it.Everything is still early WIP.

UPDATES ON THE LAST POST

Pictures:

I'm really looking for feedback on this scene.It's kind of my first ,,I want to finish it" scene.

I'm a little bit confused about the ,,Pantheon" interior.What should I put in there?

I will bake lightmaps when the scene will be finished.Also I didn't use any normal maps except the pillars.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. Sean Hall

Sean Hall

Love the lighting and water effect, it really sets the mood of an under water city. Great Work. Can't wait to see how this will look finished.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  3. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi Thunderent,

it really looks pretty nice so far: great use of lighting and fog.
    but what’s about adding some more atmospheric effects like caustics or some bubbles?

lars

4. MadRobot

MadRobot

Very nice! Wish I had something like that for my game... Keep it up!

To answer your question on what to put inside, I'd suggest the base of a giant broken statue, and lots of smaller broken statues all over. That's typically what was inside them anyway.

5. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Thanks for all the answers!

@larsbertram I'm not planning on adding caustic because I want to achieve a deep-sea look,but I really love the idea about the bubbles.I might add some aquatic animals too.

@Great idea with the statues!

I'm currently working on the exterior.Adding some color variation/contrast.Also the lightning needs some tweaking.

Updates soon!

6. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

UPDATE

Added webplayer : Underwater Temple

Sadly,I could not bake any lightmaps...Beast gives an error everytime I try to bake them(Job execution Failure....).If anyone knows a fix for this,I would greatly appreciate it. :D

Please post any performance issues or feedback on this thread.

I'm leaving the town in like 9 hours and I need some feedback in order to do some tweaking before submitting my scene for the Underwater Competition.

--Robert

7. virror

virror

Cool, i think the blur is a bit to much though, its a nice effect but to strong.
    Also some changes to the camera so it feels more like swimming would add a lot to the feel, now it feels like you are walking on land.
    Great scene!

8. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

it looks so nice! I like the water blur effect when something is far away. good work.