Search Unity

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by itayganor, Feb 12, 2019.

1. itayganor

itayganor

Hey!
    I'm struggling with building my Unity app to iOS. There is an error every time.

Now I'm trying to build and I get a "build failed" message. when I open the log, i see an error regarding the armv7 architecture.

This is my error log.
    I included the warning before the error itself. The error starts in line 69.
    https://pastebin.com/WLGKv3wu

On the target Unity-iPhone (the main one), the Architectures in Build Settings is set to `armv7 arm64`.

My other linker flags:
    upload_2019-2-12_18-0-34.png

My Library search paths:

upload_2019-2-12_18-2-31.png

My Link Binary With Libraries:

upload_2019-2-12_18-3-22.png

FYI: my previous error was "libiphone-lib.dylib no such file or directory". I deleted the red file (which didn't exist anyway) in the project navigator.

I wish Apple made it simpler...

What can I do?

2. itayganor

itayganor

another FYI: My app uses Unity Ads, Admob, Firebase Analytics

3. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

`libiphone-lib.dylib` is definitely odd in your exported Xcode project. As far as I know in recent versions, Unity would link `libiphone-lib` as a static library "libiphone-lib.a" rather than a dynamic library, and it does not make sense for Unity to ship base library as a dynamic library. What version of Unity are you using?

Assuming that you exported this iOS project from scratch, your third-party plugin may have done certain modifications in their build pre-processing/post-processing methods. As a workaround, you can try manually linking to the correct library by dragging the static libiPhone-lib at "PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport/Trampoline/Libraries/libiPhone-lib-il2cpp.a" into Link Binary With Libraries build phase.

MadLab_TR likes this.
  4. itayganor

itayganor

It's kind of a workaround but I solved it by building from Unity to a different folder (rather than appending to the old build). I don't know why it works now though, but it is :)

5. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

Good to know that you resolved it. Usually a new clean export would fix broken project, although I assumed you already did that.

6. pKallv

pKallv

I restarted Unity and that solved it.

7. afgamestan

afgamestan

We are having the same issue.rebuilding the project didn't solve it.
    We are using Unity 2019.1
    Anyone solve it?

8. mertkalak

mertkalak

I'm having the same issue.. Tried restarting and building into a new folder but the result is the same.

Attached Files:

9. Boolable

Boolable

Same for me using Unity Cloud Build for iOS. Any idea how to fix this?

10. alesta8

alesta8

Same for me...