Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64: "_UnityAdsCopyString", referenced from: -[UnityMon

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by wanannaturalcurl, Dec 29, 2019.

1. wanannaturalcurl

wanannaturalcurl

I just create a empty project and import unityAds package from asset store.When I compile in xcode I got a compile error.

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:

"_UnityAdsCopyString", referenced from:

-[UnityMonetizationUnityDecisionDelegate placementContentReady:placementContent:] in UnityMonetizationUnityWrapper.o

-[UnityMonetizationUnityDecisionDelegate placementContentStateDidChange:placementContent:previousState:newState:] in UnityMonetizationUnityWrapper.o

-[UnityMonetizationUnityDecisionDelegate unityServicesDidError:withMessage:] in UnityMonetizationUnityWrapper.o

-[UnityAdsUnityWrapperDelegate unityAdsReady:] in UnityAdsUnityWrapper-F393C73EF8048343.o

-[UnityAdsUnityWrapperDelegate unityAdsDidError:withMessage:] in UnityAdsUnityWrapper-F393C73EF8048343.o

-[UnityAdsUnityWrapperDelegate unityAdsDidStart:] in UnityAdsUnityWrapper-F393C73EF8048343.o

-[UnityAdsUnityWrapperDelegate unityAdsDidFinish:withFinishState:] in UnityAdsUnityWrapper-F393C73EF8048343.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

system:MacOS Catalina
    unity verson: 2020.1.0a17
    Xcode verson: 11.3

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

2. UDN_e9d9fc5b-3119-4e2e-9495-214088089343

UDN_e9d9fc5b-3119-4e2e-9495-214088089343

Did you find a solution? I am facing the same issue.

3. pKallv

pKallv

4. simon_unity488

simon_unity488

Same here.
    I'm new to Unity and I was installing and removing different versions of Unity Ads (one from Asset Store, one from Package Manager, one from Services tab)
    Right now, I have the ones from the Services tab and Package Manager (3.4.1) enabled, but a variation of this error pops up no matter what the combination is.

MacOS Catalina
    Unity 2019.2.9f1
    Xcode 11.2.1

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  5. simon_unity488

simon_unity488

6. vibeguy

vibeguy

Same problem here. Here under are my settings/steps:
    1. Unity 2019.3.0f3
    2. Enabled Ads in Services tab with Test Mode on and enabled built-in Ads extension.
    3. Updated the ads plugin in Package Manager to 3.4.1.
    4. Built the xcode project, and failed with same error message.
    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    "_UnityAdsCopyString",

Seems like Unity didn't "pack" the Ads library to the xcode project somehow.
    Disabling service, removing the whole ads plugin and redoing again doesn't help for my case. Please help.

7. kashif789us

kashif789us

I had the some problem. I was building Xcode for "Debug". When I changed to "Release", it got fixed.

Attached Files:

Mifasoft likes this.
  8. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@wanannaturalcurl, @pKallv, @simon_unity488, @vibeguy, @kashif789us

Thanks for reporting this issue. We do have a fix and it should be available in the next version of the package.

Yeah, that is a workaround.

Mifasoft and simon_unity488 like this.
  9. simon_unity488

simon_unity488

Thanks ap-unity.

So what would be the "correct" way to enable/import the Unity Ads package? I am confused because as of now, different resources point me to different links; some redirect me to the Asset Store version, some to the PackMan version, and some to the Services tab version.

Do they all have the same effect? Should I be using a combination of them? What about the "Enable built-in Ads extension" option in the Ads settings inside the Services tab -- what does it do and where can I find information about it?

10. sbankhead

sbankhead

Unity Technologies

The future of our package distribution is via Packman Manager. The legacy way of acquiring our package is through Asset Store, though it is still supported. The built-in extension option in the services window is no longer supported and in currently supported versions of Unity no longer even does anything. We apologize for the confusion this presents and are attempting to unify around package manager as being the primary distribution channel for direct integrations of Unity Ads.

We are aware of this bug and will be issuing a fix for it shortly.

nicolasgramlich likes this.
  11. simon_unity488

simon_unity488

It is confusing and frustrating sometimes but I appreciate all your support and effort! Thanks.

Everyone else: I created a new project with the Unity Ads package version 3.3.1 and moved all my assets there. Seems to work fine.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020