Search Unity

Question Unclear on How to use this

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by cryogee, Aug 2, 2022.

1. cryogee

cryogee

Hello - I'm on 2021.2.6f1 version and unable to add Authentication package to my project
    I don't see any option in Services Window or In Package Manager

Can users at 2021.2.6 use Unity Authentication and Unity Cloud Save and How to add this to our project?

Please provide any pointers or directions.

Extra Background - iOS App Reviewer mentions if you use soft currency then provide users with ability to create account and save progress so the consumable items can be restored and synced.
    That's what led us to use this accounts and save feature.

2. erickb_unity

erickb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello
    We recommend you update to the latest LTS version of 2021 to get access to all the services

The packages were only made discoverable in later releases of the editor

If you prefer staying at this version, you need to manually change your manifest.json in your project's Packages folder to add these lines:

"com.unity.services.authentication": "2.1.1",
    "com.unity.services.cloudsave": "2.0.1"

Once the packages are in your project, you should be able to see new versions within the Package Manager

CloudSave is a good way to preserve your player's purchase. You may want to consider offering a secure login such as Sign In With APple to allow your users to retrieve their accounts in case they have to reinstall your game or change phones!

3. cryogee

cryogee

Thanks Erick. I have upgraded to LTS and installed from package Manager

I have another followup question :
    When I link anonymous account with Apple Sign In , I don't see any change in dashboard/cloud save/player management tab in dashboard. Is there a place in dashboard where this information is stored which player id is linked with which social logins?

4. erickb_unity

erickb_unity

Unity Technologies

The player's linked identities are not available in the dashboard at this time but we are planning to add it in the future