Search Unity

UnauthorizedAccessException when using Unity Perforce integration

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by stefankohl, Jun 20, 2019.

1. stefankohl

stefankohl

When using Unity's Perforce VCS integration, AAS fails to update addressables_content_state.bin when building player content due to the file being readonly. This causes an UnauthorizedAccessException exception to rise:

In Perforce, you have to manually check out assets prior to editing them in order to make them writable. Checking out addressables_content_state.bin helps to fix this issue. Unity usually does this for you automatically if you are indirectly editing an asset (e.g., by updating project settings or saving scene changes) as opposed to direct asset editing using the inspector. Therefore, the expected behaviour would be the AAS checking out addressables_content_state automatically before updating if Perforce integration is active. Please consider adding this feature in future updates!

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Definitely, thanks for the suggestion.

stefankohl likes this.
  3. rtm223

rtm223

This is still occurring with the 1.5.1 release of addressables. Is there an ETA on this fix?

twhittaker likes this.
  4. conondev

conondev

I don't know but I also encounter this issue with git on my CI/CD build.
    How would I fix this with gitlab CI/CD process?

5. conondev

conondev

Oh never mind, it's my fault. I used wrong path for the addressables_content_state.bin file.