Search Unity

Unable to view all packages in Package Manager.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by mutnuar, Jul 20, 2018.

1. mutnuar

mutnuar

Hi,

For some reason, the Package Manager window doesn't list all the available packages. I've had this issue for the past few weeks.

I initially attributed it to an issue with the Update Server (was getting a message saying "Couldn't connect to the update server" on checking for updates), but it persists even when the connection is proper.

I'm currently on Unity 2018.2.0f2 on MacOS High Sierra. This issue was present for me in 2018.1.4 and 2018.1.6 as well.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the listed packages currently under All. Note that packages like AR Foundation are missing.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 11.35.30 AM.png

Edit: The issue persists even after a clean install of Unity (deleting cache, etc)

2. MrDude

MrDude

I will add to this question by expanding on that list of missing packages... I have nearly 500 packages that I downloaded from the Asset Store and if this is supposed to list "All packages" then why am I not seeing my 500 packages but only a handful?

Looking at that list form the screenshot, now that TextMeshPro gives me loads of "This class already exists" errors when I install it directly via the asset store I am assuming TextMeshPro now HAS to be installed via this and can, for all sense and purposes be removed from the Asset Store now... but looking at that list, nothing from the Asset Store is actually listed there so if this package manager doesn't support Asset Store packages then what exactly constitutes "All packages" ?

3. mutnuar

mutnuar

Hi,

For comparison, I'm attaching another screenshot showing the full list which normally is displayed. This is taken from another system running Unity 2018.2 on MacOS High Sierra. The same list appears in the others as well, except mine.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.19.59 PM.png

4. WereVarg

WereVarg

Stupid question - but where is the package manager on MacOS? Cannot locate it yet. 2018.2

arvasigaran likes this.
  5. mutnuar

mutnuar

@WereVarg You can access it from Window->Package Manager

Originalshad likes this.
  6. kapopixel

kapopixel

Hello, I have a similar problem. I have missing packages as well, including 2D Pixel Perfect, which I need to use. (I have 2D Animation; 2D IK; 2D Sprite Shape but dont have pixel perfect)

Could you find any solution to this problem?

7. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

8. Rhyusaky

Rhyusaky

I has the same problem in 2019.1.0a8 version too

9. Professoralex13

Professoralex13

I had the same problem but I went under advanced and clicked show preview packages and many more packages appeared under all packages

10. Rhyusaky

Rhyusaky

Sometimes appear, sometimes not, when I restart Unity, after a time the packages appear

11. phygitalmadhouse

phygitalmadhouse

NICE

tgbailey and CGstunts like this.
  12. hotroddd1

hotroddd1

In Version 2018.3.2f1 I had to do the following to get more packages to appear.

1. Window -> Package Manger
    2. Click the drop-down on the left top corn and select All Packages
    3. Click the Advanced drop down in the top right corner and click Show preview packages
    4. Click OK/Yes on the popup window that displays

Hopes this helps someone else

13. CaseyHofland

CaseyHofland

In Version 2019.1.0b3 I had the same issue, but I solved it by going under Layout (Top Right) > Revert Factory Settings, and then opening the Package Manager like normal. Don't ask... just accept.

MaltedWheaties, Rib and mfreel like this.
  14. NewLightGames11

NewLightGames11

[SOLVED] [last edit]

It's a connection issue.

Talked to my ISP, they confirmed that there was a problem with my internet connection.

Everything works fine now.

----
    Hi,

I am having a similar issue.
    It seems to got stuck at loading packages.

Here's a list of things I've tried so far:
    1.Reboot windows
    2.Allowing anything related to unity in firewall settings(it had few blocked)
    3.Remove(also tried removing all unity cache files, and later, removing anything related to unity in my computer) and Re-Install unity(Also tried different versions, including beta)
    4.Running setx UNITY_NOPROXY localhost,127.0.0.1 on command prompt
    5.Creating a new project
    6.Download some packages from github and trying "add package from disk" option in upm
    7.Editing project manifest file.
    8.When I open an example project with packages included, I can see those packages in upm

None of them worked after all.

I opened a ticket in bug reporter and now I am waiting for a respond.

PS: OK. I think I finally got it working for now by copying library and manifest file from an example project made by unity into my project.It still tries to load packages tho.

I will post if I find a permanent solution.

EDIT: Turns out it is a connection issue, problem persists, but I managed to get it work by connecting to another network. I am still searching for a solution, I will edit this later.

UPDATE: Package manager works flawlessly when offline, but it tries to load packages forever if I connect to a network, hmm.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  15. CGstunts

CGstunts

Thank you ! I spent a whole afternoon trying to find why these packages weren't installed.
    Couldn't Unity be a bit more straight forward in rolling out these things ?

AvWhelan likes this.
  16. mfreel

mfreel

This solved it for me.

17. jt-owensby

jt-owensby

Could someone please post a picture of this "menu"? The current version I am seeing does not have an advanced menu. 2018.2.15f1

18. perholmes

perholmes

Resetting the layout worked for me as well. Hmm.

19. unity_YDDglLW_zhbXWg

unity_YDDglLW_zhbXWg

OMG YES! :D It helped someone! I already had stomach pain from searching like crazy! Thanks!!! :D

This is literally my first post ever and its dedicated to YOU!

20. dluisnothere

dluisnothere

Hi, I'm using unity 2020.1.1 (making a 2D game) and this is what my package manager dropdown menu shows:
    Does someone know why it's not showing "All packages" as an option? I'm trying to install Lightweight RP. Thank you!

nyanpath likes this.
  21. CaseyHofland

CaseyHofland

It's renamed to Unity Registry. Not sure why though, either way you should be good.

22. el_nath

el_nath

I've got the same problem as "dliuisnothere" user, and can't find Lightweight RP... :/
    Anyone?

23. el_nath

el_nath

I've got the same issue. Found solution? :)

24. AzureAngel

AzureAngel

HI everyone, I just managed to fix it myself. Hopefully it helps someone.

In the Package manager : Packages dropdown, select "Unity Registry", then click the dropdown again and select "My Assets"

This should load all assets that you have activated in the asset store as well as any you have published.

For some reason, sometimes it only shows some of them and you need to toggle between the two to get them back up again.

Solringen likes this.
  25. nyanpath

nyanpath

I can't find Unity.Physics in 2020.1 but I can find Havok. I am a Unity Pro-licence user.

26. Valjuin

Valjuin

nyanpath likes this.
  27. zain68324

zain68324

my package manager only gives me these options
    "unity registry" "in project" "my assests" "built in"
    it dosent let me choose the all option in fact it dosent even show this option
    im trying to download probuilder buti cant becuse of this

28. Valjuin

Valjuin

upload_2020-11-5_16-38-0.png

29. mateenunity3d

mateenunity3d

Thanks Man it worked for me

30. neo-mashiro

neo-mashiro

I'm using 2019.4.15f, tried all methods above, but the package manager is not showing assets anyway.

I bought 20 assets from the Unity asset store, but the package manager always only shows 1~15 of them on each refresh, I want to use my purchased assets but they just don't appear, I guess maybe Unity has a strict limit on the number of assets displayed under "My Assets"?

31. Kitija

Kitija

Had this problem for a while and finally solved it.

First of all, 'All packages' is renamed to 'Unity Registry'.

Second of all, see if you have the newest version.

Third of all, if you have the unity hub profile, confirm your profile.

After confirming ,all of the packages showed up for me.
    Just a reminder, this might not work for everyone , but it did work for me.

32. Hashirugemu

Hashirugemu

Im using Unity 202.2.1 and I discovered an option to view preview packages in the project settings

Attached Files:

karnieflk and bikimaharjan79 like this.
  33. Aired76

Aired76

I solver with Unity 2020.6f1. Open Package Manager and click on the option icon near the seacr bar. Select "Advance project setting" and click on Advance Setting. Select "Enable Preview Package" You will see them.

34. Mjeno

Mjeno

I am logged in with my Unity profile, but still no luck. When selecting "Unity Registry" (formerly "All Packages" apparently?), I cannot find the Quick Search package I'm looking for. Yes, pre-release packages should be visible according to the Advanced Project Settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I am using Unity 2021.1.15f1. Quick Search (version 2.0.2) does show up in the list in my older project running Unity 2020.3.13f1. Does that help in any way?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  35. If I remember correctly it is already part of the editor in 2021.1. Try CTRL-K, is that what you're looking for?

AShnip likes this.
  36. Originalshad

Originalshad

37. dilirusenanayake_unity

dilirusenanayake_unity

My package manager is showing an error

upload_2022-1-7_16-23-8.png

38. buyukduru

buyukduru

sign out unity account and sign in again on unity Hub.. if it doesn't work check your proxies

39. GameMechanics

GameMechanics

I have bought tons of stuff but it shows one. Why is this an improvement?

I go on the website and say open in Unity and it says "an error occurred, you may not have purchased this package." This needs fixing. There is no way to get items that I purchased.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022