Search Unity

Unable to view account in Asset Store inside Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by maltadirk, Jul 22, 2015.

1. maltadirk

maltadirk

Hi all,

I've run into this issue before and it got solved when I updated to a newer version of Unity. Only thing is that I am running Unity 5.0.1f1 and I'm too advanced in the game I'm making to risk updating to version 5.1.

The issue is that the "Account" tab on top-right section on the Asset Store inside Unity is missing.

I can't even login/logout into differenct account. Is this is a bug or something I can fix.

Greatly appreciate anyone who helps me solve this.

Thanks,
    Dirk

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

I'm just getting that version now to see if I get the same issue, have you reloaded the page? Click the 3 lines underneath the close window button and hit "reload"

3. maltadirk

maltadirk

Yes I've done that several times. I've also tried loading different projects and same thing. When I purchase something and go check out I seem to be logged in with one account. However I need to make the payment using the business account.

4. Aurore

Aurore

I can't reproduce this in 5.0.1

Can you install a newer version of Unity along side your current one and see if it still happens? (Create a new project to test, don't open your current project in a newer version.)

5. Aurore

Aurore

Alternatively sign in on the website and change account there and purchase the Asset, then click "open in Unity"

6. maltadirk

maltadirk

Here's a video trying to reload and asset store:

And here's video of the purchase being done on the browser. The problem is that when it opens in Unity it remains with the other account so it doesn't trigger that I actuall bought the asset:

7. maltadirk

maltadirk

Ok trying this right now..will let you know soon

8. Aurore

Aurore

If it works you'll be able to download it through the other editor and have the files on your machine to use in the version you need.

maltadirk likes this.
  9. maltadirk

maltadirk

I updated and same thing :( Is there a way I can remove the log in session inside Unity?
    Will deleting my cookies or login session on a browser help? I use Firefox

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  10. maltadirk

maltadirk

So i found the issue. I had the Uni2D asset imported into Unity and for some reason it was messing around with the way tabs where displayed. I removed it and now everything is working normally. So anyone having similar issues its probably a 3rd party asset

11. Aurore

Aurore

Thanks for posting an update, I was waiting for the Asset Store devs to finish looking into it.

maltadirk likes this.
  12. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

13. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera

That's a good find.

However I have the same issue on an empty project (no assets imported). I don't have Uni2D either but I have about a hundred other assets. So it will be hard do narrow it down in case it is really caused by an asset.

AssetStore-Button.png

I've also noticed that recently Unity started displaying the menus to the left instead of to the right, even though there is plenty of space to the right. Not sure if that is related to the button alignment issue on the asset store window or not. This doesn't happen with any other software.

Unity-Menu.png

14. Aurore

Aurore

Update from the devs, it's not to do with Uni2D or any asset, for some reason some AS account don't register real name so it doesn't display anything to click on in the Editor where the name should be.

@maltadirk The AS devs have fixed it for you, the fix may have coincided with you removing the Uni2D Asset.

An overall fix that will make sure it doesn't happen to anyone will be out next week on our account system.