Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to use UI Text (TMPro) when using Upscale Render Texture on the Pixel Perfect Camera

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Teedo145, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Teedo145

Teedo145

I've achieved pixel perfectness by setting a low reference resolution (256 x 112) and using Upscale Render Texture, but this makes any text completely unusable as you can see in this screenshot of a dialog box.
    upload_2020-10-29_18-33-11.png

I have tried having a second camera just for the GUI and stack it on top of the main camera, this would mean the speech bubble would be pixel perfect but the text wouldn't....but the pixel perfect camera doesn't work with stacking.
    upload_2020-10-29_18-35-7.png

I have run out of ideas and am now stuck with a GUI that isn't pixel perfect. Has anyone gotten pixel perfectness text to work with their pixel perfect game?

upload_2020-10-29_18-32-15.png

2. DuelystRes

DuelystRes

My problem is the same as yours, do you have a solution later

3. fsoufi

fsoufi

Same issue here.

4. marrobin

marrobin

Enable "Orthographic Mode" in the "Extra Settings" section of your TextMesh Pro Component and that should fix this issue.

5. nicholas_unity448

nicholas_unity448

I have a workaround for this issue, although it's not great. I've created two extra Cameras, one with a PixelPerfectCamera for the gameplay and one for rendering canvases, and pipe both of them to RenderTextures that I then have my MainCamera render.

6. blizzy384

blizzy384

Could you please eleborate how exactly to do this using URP? I can get the camera rendered to the texture but cant make it work to display on the output camera.

7. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

I'll move this post to the TMP forum where it belongs. It's not related to any 2D feature.