Search Unity

Unable to use gamepad controller for XY axis control via Cinemachine InputProvider

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by s9_C, Apr 13, 2021.

1. s9_C

s9_C

I have successfully used Unity's Input System (downloaded from Package Manager) to map actions to my gamepad controller. These controls work fine when connected to our script (ie. "OnMove" and "OnFire" void methods).

However, we are now running into an issue where the Vector2 drawn from our gamepad's right thumbstick is not affecting our Cinemachine camera. For more context, we are using Cinemachine's FreeLook camera and connecting our "Look" action to the FreeLook camera's XY axis control via Cinemachine's InputProvider component.

As previously mentioned, other input actions generally work for non Cinemachine-related controls. It's just the gamepad binding within our Look input action that is not registering anything with Cinemachine. In fact, our mouse can still control the Cinemachine camera just fine.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm currently stumped, and I haven't been able to find any resources online that resolve what I suspect is a conflict between the "gamepad" input in the Input System and Cinemachine's InputProvider.

Here are our character's PlayerInput settings for more context:
    upload_2021-4-12_18-58-26.png

Thank you for your help!

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

It is difficult to say what may be causing this. Could you submit a bug report with your project? We'll have a look. ;)