Search Unity

Bug Unable to upload debugging symbols to Unity dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by reuben_originatorkids, Aug 31, 2022.

1. reuben_originatorkids

reuben_originatorkids

When trying to upload a reasonably sized (~100MB) .zip of dSYM files, the upload process hangs after 1-2 seconds (usually 1% upload depending on my upload speed) every time and never completes. This happens on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. I am using MacOS 12.4.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround for this issue? Happy to provide additional information if it would help.

Attached Files:

2. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I'm afraid we'd need to look into this closer, to investigate the file that you're uploading and if there's anything blocking you from doing it. So could you please submit a support ticket with us? Thanks!

3. mvaz_p

mvaz_p

This seems to happen about half the time here.
    It usually works fine after reloading the page and re-uploading the symbols, but it's very annoying.
    I'm using Chrome and MacOS 12.5.1.

4. reuben_originatorkids

reuben_originatorkids

5. reuben_originatorkids

reuben_originatorkids

Update: Solved! The issue was that I was assigned User access of the Unity project, but not Manager access. I think the website UI should not allow you to try to upload symbol files if it's going to fail every time due to insufficient permissions without giving a clear error message, but that's a different issue.

If you're facing this problem (symbol upload hangs at 1-2% every time):
    1. Ask your organization owner to make you a Manager of the project in question.
    2. Log out of your Unity account.
    3. Log back into your Unity account.
    4. Try uploading the symbols again.