Search Unity

Question Unable to update testmeshpro label on timeline from Addressable

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Gamrek, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello,

I have some addressable asset (prefab and scene) that are loaded from addressable. And most of the time they have an embedded timeline which get played right away after it loaded into the scene.

Inside the timeline, it has some texthmeshpro label (UI) which has LocalizedStringEvent (and a valid key for translation) component attached and GameObjectLocalizer to change the font and material. However, when the timeline is played, the text get translated into Chinese character but it label itself do not get updated, instead it is showing this:
    Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 20.48.47.png

If I disable the label and enable it again (or change the font size), and this time will display the correct text. I feel like the text label doesn't get updated when it get translated and draw something weird. How can I fix that?

thanks in advance.

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

This sounds familiar. Can you try 1.1 which is due next week and see if that fixes the issue? If not please file a bug report as it will likely require some debugging to understand what is going wrong.

Gamrek likes this.
  3. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello @karl_jones, is v1.1 available for update yet? I saw it on my package manager, but it doesn't let me to update. Here is the error messages:

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 09.50.14.png

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

5. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello @karl_jones, I updated to the latest package (1.1.1), and the problem still exists. I have filed a bug report. Thanks for your help! Here is the case ID is you want to follow this up: 1394887.

karl_jones likes this.