Search Unity

Unable to sign into Xbox Live on Xbox one

Discussion in 'Windows' started by matt33315, Aug 28, 2018.

1. matt33315

matt33315

I have recently switched to use IL2CPP back-end for my Xbox live enabled title.

I now use the Unity Xbox Live plugin and call the api's within the #if ENABLE_WINMD_SUPPORT conditions.

I used for the following instructions for this (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...started-with-partner/partner-unity-uwp-il2cpp)

When running on a windows 10 pc this works perfectly and I can log into xbox live.

However, if I run the same code on an Xbox one when the game calls tries to sign into Xbox live a default pop windows appears for a split second before the following error is thrown

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFB9E3AF218 in Hitchhiker.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Platform::Exception ^ at memory location 0x000000C1B21FDFF0. HRESULT:0x80131509 The text associated with this error code could not be found.
    WinRT information: Provider error: Unexpected response code: Unknown, Error Code: 0x80131509

I get the same behaviour when creating a blank application and just including the Xbox live plugin.

When using the unity Xbox live plugin do I need to do anything additional if the game is running on Xbox?

Unity version: 5.6.3p2
    Unity Xbox Live plugin version: 1806 QFE Release
    Visual Studio 2017 version: 15.8.1
    Xbox dev mode version: June 2018 QFE1

Thanks
    Matt

2. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I have tried my game on xbox one x and xbox live plugin works, check if you have added

<uap:SupportedUsers>multiple</uap:SupportedUsers>

in the project manifest as explained in the "Breaking Changes" at this link

https://github.com/Microsoft/xbox-live-unity-plugin/releases

but, I'm using

Unity version: Unity 2018.2.5f1
    Visual Studio 2017 version: 15.8.1

Best regards...

3. matt33315

matt33315

Thanks I will give that a go. As I was accessing the plugin via the IL2CPP section of the MS site I didn't see all the comments / breaking changes. Interestingly I had contacted the ID support guys to ask about switching accounts as the switch user method has now been removed. I got told for my title I wouldn't need to add in the section to the manifest as my title could be classed a single user game. But I see now it needs to be added regardless if you are attempting to run on Xbox. Fingers crossed that is the answer. i will update the thread once I've tested it

4. matt33315

matt33315

I tried adding this in but still getting the same issue

Microsoft C++ exception: Platform::Exception ^ at memory location 0x000000558B1FE1B0. HRESULT:0x80131509 The text associated with this error code could not be found.
    WinRT information: Provider error: Unexpected response code: Unknown, Error Code: 0x80131509

I dont know if this is a factor or not but is your Xbox live enabled game managed via Dev Center or XDP?

I will try installing the same version of unity as you and try again

5. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, my game is xbox live enabled and managed via Dev Center, I'm doing more test on "unity xboxlive plugin 1806" because I have encountered some crash when I build my game as .NET scripting backend.

I need the time to do much test of the xboxlive plugin on Xbox one and Windows 10 in both .NET and IL2CPP build before confirm that all works right for me.

Before the latest August update of xboxlive service I never had problem with the previous "unity xboxlive plugin 1711" version, but now I must update my UWP game with the latest plugin and IL2CPP scripting backend to avoid the deprecation of .NET scripting backend.

I will inform you when I have completed all the tests, thank you, Best regards…

PS:
    Check also that you have set the sandbox code in your xbox one dev mode

My game...

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9P5GJQXZL1BQ

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  6. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, after many tests on Windows 10 and Xbox One X of the "unity xboxlive plugin 1806" my report in my case is :

With Visual Studio MASTER build and .NET Scripting backend on Windows 10 xboxlive plugin crash my game and doesn't signin;

With Visual Studio MASTER build and .NET Scripting backend on Xbox One X xboxlive plugin often crash my game and doesn't signin and sometimes signin properly;

With Visual Studio DEBUG/RELEASE build and .NET Scripting backend on Windows 10 and Xbox One X xboxlive plugin signin properly without crash the game;

With Visual Studio MASTER build and IL2CPP Scripting backend on Windows 10 and Xbox One X xboxlive plugin signin properly without crash the game;

I'm using

Unity version: Unity 2018.2.5f1
    Visual Studio 2017 version: 15.8.2

My game provide networking feature client/server but multiplayer works only with .NET Scripting backend and not with IL2CPP, I will open another thread for this issue, Best regards...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  7. matt33315

matt33315

I have tried updating to the latest version of unity but I still get the cryptic error when trying to log in on Xbox one - then the game freezes. @IElectirc just out of curiosity do you set the sandbox on your console to be the same that you use on PC. For example the Dev sandbox for me is a 4 letter code followed by .0

8. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, yes, I have the same sandbox number on PC and XBox One X, and the console is registered on my Windows Dev Center account, Cheers...

9. matt33315

matt33315

Same for me, Im now wondering if the issue is due to the fact that my game is approved to use achievements on Windows 10 (as I went via the ID@Xbox programme) but at the time it didn't get approved for Xbox. I wonder if there is something on the back end at Microsoft that would be stopping the game logging in. Are you publishing your game via ID@Xbox or via the creators club?

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

@matt33315 you should probably post this on ID@Xbox forums as they deal with this every day... I on the other hand don't know how much about it :).

11. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, my game is a part of XBox Live Creators Program, not ID@Xbox, Cheers...

12. matt33315

matt33315

Hi all, Just to update the current status should any one else come across this issue.

I have done some more investigation and found that the issue is not with the login code, its with some code which downloads the users progress from title storage (On Xbox one this crashes the game but on PC it just fails silently)

The code I used when I referenced the C# Xbox live projects (For ID@Xbox titles) was this
    TitleStorageDownload.PNG
    Now that I am using the new unity package (again for ID@Xbox) this throws the following error when I await the DownloadBlobAsync method

Attempt to access method "Windows.Foundation.Iasyncinfo.Get_Status" on type "System.__IL2CPPCOMOBJECT" failed

@Tautvydas-Zilys I am awaiting access to the ID@Xbox forums (for some reason the previous links I had no longer give me access) once i get this I will post the question there also.

13. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can we get a bug report on that method access exception?

14. matt33315

matt33315

Sure, Would you want me to also create a test account in my dev xbox live sanbox - so you would be testing on the same environment? Or do you guys have your own setup?

15. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately we don't. Please create a test account if you can.

16. matt33315

matt33315

I logged a bug yesterday evening - I am just awaiting for the email confirmation then I will post details here. I think I may have found the issue though. It was caused by accessing the Status property on the IAsyncOperation that was returned from the DownloadBlobAsync method. So before, I used to get the asyc method from the Xbox live call then await this separately . This meant I had access to the status property and could work out if the call was successful. (This worked when I used Unity 5.6 with .net back end and the Xbox live projects referenced directly). With the Unity Xbox live plugin this now fails. To get around this, I await the async call right away then just check a property on the result isn't null to work out if the call was successful or not. So far this new approach sees to work and I can now download data again from Xbox live. Helpfully though you can get to the bottom of why the code that checks the status no longer works.
    I've attached some screenshots of the code before and after to show the changes

Before AsyncBreaking.PNG

After
    AsyncWorking.PNG

17. matt33315

matt33315

@Tautvydas-Zilys its been almost 4 days now and I've not received an email confirming my bug submission. What is the best practice in this situation, keep waiting or log it again?

18. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I think I found it (by searching for your user name). It's case 1087840. Did you check your spam folder?