Search Unity

Unable to set up Xbox for development "No connection could be made target machine refused it"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SoftwareGeezers, Feb 26, 2020.

1. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Following the instructions for connecting to my Xbox One for development, I'm failing with the first run which is supposed to result in requesting a PIN for pairing. The project builds fine and can launch a local UWP app but when trying to deploy to console, I'm getting:

DEP6957: Failed to connect to device '192.168.1.20' using Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings. COMException - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007274D) [0x8007274D]
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

On the XB1, when I enable Remote Access, I don't get an IP address shown either Top Left or Bottom right.

I've tried the IP address from my router that the XB1 is on, 192.168.1.20, and I've tried the odd address listed in the Remote Access settings of my XB1, https://XBOXONE:11443.

I've tried with a Username and password set, and I've tried disabling "Require Authentication" in the remote access page too. Unlike the example screenshots, I have no test accounts registered. Following MS's instructions hasn't led to my adding these yet.

I'm able to ping the XB1 on 192.168.1.20.

Edit: Okay fixed it.

Firstly it wasn't connected to the internet. Network settings were defunct. I flukely ended up launching normal Xbox Home (not developer Home) and established a network connection.

This showed an IP address in the corner in Dev Home and a proper IP address to put into the Device settings. I also had to add my XBox Live Account as a test user. Now deployment's working.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Lipoly likes this.