Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to set small agent radius in navigation tab

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by delphinius81, Apr 12, 2017.

1. delphinius81

delphinius81

I'm using the new component based navmeshes / agent type system in 5.6. I have an AI agent (it's a spider used in a VR exposure therapy app) with rather small radius (0.01). However, I am unable to set the radius of this agent to anything below 0.05 in the Navigation->Agents tab. I can, however, set an agent radius of 0.001 under the Navigation->Bake tab.

Is there a reason why this limitation is in place? It's preventing me from letting my agent traverse the full mesh. I can make some fake geometry that is slightly larger to workaround this limitation, but it seems more like there's something else going on. I submitted a bug report on this issue (issue 899771) that includes a sample project. Just wondering if this is something other people have noticed as well.

Aequitatis likes this.
  2. Aequitatis

Aequitatis

I have the same issue. It is likely a performance limitation to help with collision calculations, but I'd prefer to see Unity give us a warning box rather than just block it. My game isn't that intense, so I can likely get away with it. Also my navmeshes are tiny...

3. FortuneSyn

FortuneSyn

I am having the same issue as well, for VR development. I'd like an agent radius of 0.01.

Please unblock the minimum radius and instead show a warning box.

unityunity