Search Unity

Unable to set small agent radius in navigation tab

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by delphinius81, Apr 12, 2017.

1. delphinius81

delphinius81

I'm using the new component based navmeshes / agent type system in 5.6. I have an AI agent (it's a spider used in a VR exposure therapy app) with rather small radius (0.01). However, I am unable to set the radius of this agent to anything below 0.05 in the Navigation->Agents tab. I can, however, set an agent radius of 0.001 under the Navigation->Bake tab.

Is there a reason why this limitation is in place? It's preventing me from letting my agent traverse the full mesh. I can make some fake geometry that is slightly larger to workaround this limitation, but it seems more like there's something else going on. I submitted a bug report on this issue (issue 899771) that includes a sample project. Just wondering if this is something other people have noticed as well.

Aequitatis likes this.
  2. Aequitatis

Aequitatis

I have the same issue. It is likely a performance limitation to help with collision calculations, but I'd prefer to see Unity give us a warning box rather than just block it. My game isn't that intense, so I can likely get away with it. Also my navmeshes are tiny...

3. ThisIsNik

ThisIsNik

I am having the same issue as well, for VR development. I'd like an agent radius of 0.01.

Please unblock the minimum radius and instead show a warning box.

ImpossibleRobert likes this.