Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to set 'Look At' value in a Cinemachine Track on a timeline

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by skwetzledwarf, Dec 3, 2018.

1. skwetzledwarf

skwetzledwarf

Hi,

I have five virtual cameras in my scene that I'm using a timeline to blend from camera 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and so on. This worked beautifully when I initially made it a couple of days ago. Now upon opening the scene, the Cinemachine Shot Clips have had their 'Look At' fields set to 'None', and they're also now highlighted in blue. If I change the field it instantly changes back to 'None' and I have found no way to change the target in any way.

After a preliminary search I found that the blue highlight means that the field is being controlled externally, but I have no scripts that access the virtual cams, and their 'Look At' values are not set anywhere else (other than on the actual camera object, some of which have targets, and others are null, it seems to make no difference). I've also tried recreating the Cinemachine Track on the timeline from scratch to no avail. I'm at a bit of a loss here and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: It also may be worth mentioning that all of the affected cameras are of the Tracked Dolly type.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Sounds like you have some kind of prefab issue. Care to post some images?

3. skwetzledwarf

skwetzledwarf

Hi Gregory,

I actually ended up running back through the scene and recreating all of the cameras and it has worked since. I never did figure out what caused it, or how to reproduce it. I apologize for any time taken on this.