Search Unity

Unable to select .NN file

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by auroxi, Oct 31, 2020.

1. auroxi

auroxi

Hi all,

I recently installed mlagents from release 8 on github, no errors but I'm unable to select an .NN file to use as the brain.

I can even train a new brain but I cannot select the new brain in the inspector, what is the issue here?

You can see a newly trained 3DBall.nn file and you can see I cannot select it when try and pick the brain to use (I also cannot drag-and-drop it onto the field). I also have this issue on every single Example project - the brain is blank and I cannot select the one to use so it's literally unusable.

Unity version: 2020.1.11f1
    ML Agents: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ml-agents/releases/tag/release_8

Thanks for any help! :)

Update: If I use the package manager "ML Agents" I can select a brain without issue so I may just use that instead. If I use an old release_3 examples folder, it works with it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  2. ervteng_unity

ervteng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi auroxi, it looks like a plugin or two isn't being imported properly into your project. If you want to use Release 8, I'd suggest installing it from the Package Manager (go to Advanced -> Show Preview Packages), and update the package you currently have. I think if you don't do this (or update your manifest.json file manually), the cloned ML-Agents package isn't going to be imported.