Search Unity

Unable to resolve host "cdp.cloud.unity3d.com"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by GuyTidhar, Oct 2, 2017.

1. DovitItalia

DovitItalia

It indeed return an empty page, on chrome browser (both device and pc-mac) with the error: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. on samsung browser it just say is unreachable

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It sounds like you have blocked IP addresses or other network issues so your Charles capture will not be helpful unfortunately. You would not want to publish your game to Google Play - US with the charlesproxy.unitypackage in place so we are basically stuck. You will want to ensure you've added the service disable code in your app that has been discussed and confirmed via debugging that it is being called. Also you have ensured that Cloud Diagnostics is disabled in the Services window.

3. DovitItalia

DovitItalia

I confirm to you that the network of the office has some restriction and that caused the "connection refused" error. Unfortunately, when i tried to switch to the phone data connection (blank/white screen by browsing to unity endpoint) the result from my application is the same.

I triple checked that all the services are disabled and i debugged the fact that the code you sent me was called (the instructions are called, and printed, on the awake of the only class available on my preload scene)

After googling again the issue (that i remember was the appearance of that error per se, not the solution of that connection failure) I stumble across someone that said to check the file "UnityConnectSettings.asset".. and ... BAM, there was a m_enabled: 1 on one of the first lines.

Setting that to 0 finally removed that annoying cdp.cloud.unity3d.com error on the logger. This is the complete file as it was before the fix. Do you see something wrong here?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. %YAML 1.1
    2. %TAG !u! tag:unity3d.com,2011:
    3. --- !u!310 &1
    4. UnityConnectSettings:
    5.   m_ObjectHideFlags: 0
    6.   serializedVersion: 1
    7.   m_Enabled: 1
    8.   m_TestMode: 0
    9.   m_EventOldUrl: https://api.uca.cloud.unity3d.com/v1/events
    10.   m_EventUrl: https://cdp.cloud.unity3d.com/v1/events
    11.   m_ConfigUrl: https://config.uca.cloud.unity3d.com
    12.   m_TestInitMode: 0
    13.   CrashReportingSettings:
    14.     m_EventUrl: https://perf-events.cloud.unity3d.com
    15.     m_Enabled: 0
    16.     m_LogBufferSize: 10
    17.     m_CaptureEditorExceptions: 1
    18.   UnityPurchasingSettings:
    19.     m_Enabled: 0
    20.     m_TestMode: 0
    21.   UnityAnalyticsSettings:
    22.     m_Enabled: 0
    23.     m_TestMode: 0
    24.     m_InitializeOnStartup: 1
    25.   UnityAdsSettings:
    26.     m_Enabled: 0
    27.     m_InitializeOnStartup: 1
    28.     m_TestMode: 0
    29.     m_IosGameId:
    30.     m_AndroidGameId:
    31.     m_GameIds:
    32.       AndroidPlayer:
    33.       iPhonePlayer:
    34.       tvOSPlayer:
    35.     m_GameId:
    36.   PerformanceReportingSettings:
    37.     m_Enabled: 0
    So far, no unity cloud error anymore. But I can assure that from the editor, under services, all of them (ads, analytics, diagnosis, etc..) are (and was) turned off

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Great! Now you can provide a full Charles capture for diagnosis.

5. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

I have clients where Unity is not allowed because it connects to outside url's and sends unknown data. Its assumed its sending private data from the clients networks and or other machines on the network. DISA/other government agencies will not allow any unity products anywhere in the government where secure data/networks are because of the leaking of this info.
    Telemetry == Theft == Hacking == No Security.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, I believe you forgot to attach the Charles capture? I've confirmed that if you are not using any services, no endpoints are hit and there is zero network access. Even if they are with services enabled, no personal data (PII) is sent. I'm not saying there isn't an issue, but it's not a conspiracy. It's more likely legacy code that might still be in the product that we would need to identify and address.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  7. antonkudin

antonkudin

Just found this thread. I use VPN and when its on, after pressing PLAY, editor FREEZES and it has "cdp.cloud.unity3d.com port 443: Connection refused" error as last line in Editor log until i force quit it.
    PS. Pointing browser to cdp.cloud.unity3d.com confirms it is inaccessible when VPN is active.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you provide a Charles Proxy capture? Both with and without VPN https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity . Have you disabled editor analytics?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Someone earlier on the thread said this, but it wasn't addressed so I'll re-iterate:

UnityWebRequests throws an un-try/catch-able error when there is no good working net connection. When creating a development build for distribution (to our beta test clients) we'd really like to have that unity dev console NOT show these errors. This affects both unity analytic stuff but ALSO our own custom URL fetches.

We have a try/catch block, we listen for the result of webRequest.Result.isError, and our app logic is handling the failure just fine. We would really like a way to silence the UnityWebRequest failure (eg: don't have it throw an uncatchable error to the console).

10. dgoyette

dgoyette

I believe this is linked to this issue:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...be-disabled-and-spam-the-console-when-offline

It shows as fixed in 2021.2, though I don't know if they're planning on backporting this.

11. awais124

awais124

actually this error pops up when you are not connected to internet and disappears when you have internet connectivity. so, before sending any network request we should check if we have internet connection or not

12. Guedez

Guedez

This still happens in version 2020.3.14f1 if you enable Cloud Diagnostics. How do I make Cloud Diagnostics an OPT-IN for my users?

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Users would not have the option in your game. You need to remove it from your build.

14. Guedez

Guedez

Yeah... gonna use firebase instead then

15. krisventure

krisventure

@JeffDUnity3D I've investigated further and what happens is that once the game runs at least once with network on, after that it always runs fine, even if I turn network off again or I re-install it (without deleting). But whenever I delete the game and re-install, it doesn't run until the first time it's launched with working network.

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you elaborate "doesn't run", does a new/empty project behave the same way? Is this on an iOS or Android device, which Unity version? Please provide the Charles capture and device logs. This issue described here doesn't keep the app from running, it's only log entries that are the concern. You may have a separate issue.

17. krisventure

krisventure

Thank you for your reply. I've actually solved it by upgrading to Remote Config 2.1.2 from 1.4.0.
    What happened in 1.4.0 apparently ApplyRemoteSettings(ConfigResponse configResponse) callback returned 'Remote' even when network was off (WIFI off on Mac when in editor) or when physical test Samsung device was in flight mode. So when the cached data wasn't present (eg. after fresh install or after deleting game and re-installing) and there was no network, it still returned 'Remote' value, and our code (assuming that this should only be possible when remote values are returned fine) has then overwritten our game parameters with default zeros etc. One of such game parameter was the time scale (explaining why it froze, being set to 0). Everything else broke too but this even stopped the game from running.

All that hadn't been spotted before our last update was published because we haven't changed our Remote config code in a year and last time we tested all that worked. We probably upgraded to 1.4.0 at some point (or perhaps it's Unity 2020.3.5f1 that stopped playing nice with this version) and then it broke silently. The cases are rare (you have to do the first launch immediately without network to encounter the bug) so we didn't notice until now.

Now that we've updated to Remote Config 2.1.2 it works.We've also added an 'applyRemoteConfig' boolean to our remote config params which will always be true to avoid similar issues in the future. If that ever returns a default value of false we'll not overwrite the rest of our game parameters and keep them at their default values set locally instead. This is just a safety measure as I'm sure this bug won't be re-introduced in other versions. It's just too difficult to spot, so better to avoid risk.

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

19. krisventure

krisventure

Just to clarify, I've commented here because we also had the
    "Curl error 6: Could not resolve host: cdp.cloud.unity3d.com" error. But that was apparently just triggered by the lack of network while the culprit was the bug in Remote Config 1.4.0.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  20. PrashantGames

PrashantGames

We are getting "Curl error 6: could not resolve host : cdp.cloud.unity3d.com" Error on Logcat. This happens when the device has no internet or flight mode.

There are no proxy issues and we can see the blank page when the https://cdp.cloud.unity3d.com/ is called.

I'm worried if this error gets counted by Google play under crashes.

Unity Version : 2019.4.35f1

Our preliminary investigation tells us that this error does not appear in empty project. When we enable the In-app purchase and analytics, this error appears.

Can somebody please help resolve the issue? We have been trying to resolve this issue for a long time, but no luck yet.

Attached Files:

21. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The message is expected if you have no internet with legacy Analytics. If you detect no connection, you could disable Analytics in script. You might consider upgrading to the Analytics beta to avoid the error https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408915768724-General-FAQ and https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Analytics.Analytics-enabled.html

22. PrashantGames

PrashantGames

Thank you Jeff for support.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  23. unitynoob24

unitynoob24

This has been 'randomly' plaguing me, but only when I take a build over to my test iPhone and today I got to the root of the issue!

Basically, the iPhone was randomly connecting to my TV's wifi and unity did not like this... sooo I put the iphone on my normal wifi and the errors have gone away and my app works again on iOS all the time!