Search Unity

Unable to play Trash Dash sample project on iOS.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Blagochevsky, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Blagochevsky

Blagochevsky

I'm new to Unity and Xcode and Game Development in all.
    I am trying to build Trash Dash for iOS. The game builds successfully, but when I tap on Play inside the game it stucks on Loading
    The game plays in Unity just fine if I build with AssetBundles > Simulation Mode. So I guess it has something to do with AssetBundle, but I think I did everything that was in the READ ME file of the project.

Here is the Output message:

2. UnityGuillaume

UnityGuillaume

Unity Technologies

First, can you check you have the latest version from the asset store? In the Latest, README.txt was renamed INSTRUCTIONS.txt and contains slightly more information.

But for your problem, the original Read me should already contains all the information hopefully.

Did you build the asset bundle & placed the resulting folder inside the StreamingAsset folder? (see "building" part of the Instruction file)

3. Blagochevsky

Blagochevsky

I have 1.5 version, and there is no INSTRUCTIONS.txt file just README.txt
    I did build the asset bundle & placed resulting folder inside the StreamingAsset.
    Do I need the AssetBundle Server to be running?

4. UnityGuillaume

UnityGuillaume

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I forgot to ask which version you are using. 5.6 no? The 1.5 update is for 2017.1, so the asset store will serve it to you only if you are using 2017.1, with 5.6 it will download the most up to date compatible package which is 1.0.

That said, it should work fine in 5.6.

Be sure that your StreamingAssset folder look like that (but with ios instead of android) :

streamingasset.png

You don't need the AssetBundle server, it just need the bundles in the StreamingAsset folder.

If it is possible, could you try with 2017.1 please? (you will need to go download it on the asset store again to get the proper new version)

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  5. Blagochevsky

Blagochevsky

Didn't know that I have to click update first in the asset store. Thought that if a redownload it will download the latest version. Updated everything and now it works! Thank you!

Also there is a link in the INSTRUCTIONS.txt that does not work: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/TrashDash/wiki/

6. TauseefCVS

TauseefCVS

don't know, when I am building for iPhone, and build from Xcode then the game is played the first scene and stuck on the main scene just render the cat and not environment is shown in the main scene. I also put the asset bundle folder into Xcode and also into the streaming folder, both they are not working on iPhone.

Make that error

Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x8)

Attached Files:

7. unity_L6xmfNFURMtf4Q

unity_L6xmfNFURMtf4Q

Regarding on your problem which is about the error hread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x8) , before you build your unity project kindly go to build settsins and then select a platform (ios )then go to - > player settings and then please uncheck the stript engine code . to tell you it actually works . hope that helps

8. dsgrassg

dsgrassg

Hello Guys,

I import the game "Trash Dash v 1.9" from asset store (My version of Unity is 2019.1.0f2). I change the platform to Android.

then I click on:

But this doesn't generate the folder "AssetBundle". Help me please!

9. ftaqi

ftaqi

I am having the same issue but with Android. The apk when played from a mobile phone gets stuck at the loading screen.

Help with this will be much appreciated, thanks.