Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable To Open Sprite Editor

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by al4crity, Apr 15, 2019.

1. al4crity

al4crity

Hi,

I'm experience an issue with my Unity editor, and hope this is the correct place to ask.

Currently I'm trying to open the sprite editor for an image, but when I click "Sprite Editor" nothing happens, and I see the following message in my debug window.

Code (csharp):
    1. No Sprite Editor Window is registered.
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    I've tried to debug it, and the only reference I've found is at https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...0f/Editor/Mono/Sprites/SpriteUtilityWindow.cs which doesn't really help me.

I'm experiencing it in Unity 2019.2.0a9 running on windows 10, I also tried updating to Unity 2019.2.0a11 if that matters, but the error remains. Additionally I've tried resetting my layout to factory settings, and simple stuff like restarts etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I suppose I could try downgrading to a previous Unity version, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thank you for your time!

2. al4crity

al4crity

Turns out that Sprite Editor is a package you have to install. The debug message could perhaps make that a bit clearer, since the button is there, but nothing happens. Feel kinda foolish, because the fix was so easy. Leaving this up in case someone else stumbles upon the same project.

Thanks again for reading.