Search Unity

[Solved] "unable to merge android manifests" error

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by kromblite, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kromblite

kromblite

Been trying to add IAP to my game for the first time, and I've imported the plugins folder for it- but when I try to build the project, I get an "unable to merge android manifests" error. Apparently, my library uses the target SDK of 24, but my main manifest has the target SDK of 23. Trouble is, I don't know how to edit that. I couldn't find the setting in unity's player settings, and I tried editing the manifest file directly only to have it overwritten whenever I tried to build the game. When searching online, people have been referencing an "android" folder under assets>plugins, but that folder isn't there.

What am I doing wrong? How can I change that target SDK?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

In the editor, you can go to the Player Settings/Settings for Android. There you can set Min API Level and Target API Level.

3. kromblite

kromblite

I've tried that, but there's no option for target API level, and the min API level seems to have no effect on the targetSDKversion.

4. kromblite

kromblite

It occurs to me that it's probably a problem that my version of Unity doesn't have an option for target API level. To show that it is missing and that I'm not just having trouble finding it, I'll post a screenshot.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What version of Unity are you using?

6. kromblite

kromblite

5.4.0f3 personal

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I might encourage you to test with a more recent version of Unity, if that is possible for you. You can install two versions on the same system, just install into separate directories.

8. kromblite

kromblite

Huh, ok, looks like that option's there in the newer version. I still have my work cut out for me to figure this out, but I think I'm on the right track, thanks!

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.