Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to load plugin `HavokNative`. Set up Havoc project from scratch?

Discussion in 'Physics Previews' started by fleity, Nov 8, 2019.

1. fleity

fleity

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup a test project with the havoc physics engine. In the editor the scene works flawlessly. However when I build the project and run it my objects don't move and in the console I get first and foremost Unable to load plugin `HavokNative` and then a few more error messages probably because the plugin is missing. See attached Player.log

If I build the UnityPhysicsSamples project with the Simulation Engine set to havoc in one of the scenes everything works.
    I've spent hours by now disassembling the project but I still have not found all the important parts apparently.

What do I need to do to setup a new project with havoc?

Attached Files:

2. ameinfjg

ameinfjg

We've just had one of our players report this issue after updating from Win 7 to Win 10. Our QA managed to help them solve the issue by installing the C++ 2017 redistributable. Is this a requirement for Havok physics? I can't find any documentation which says so.

steveeHavok likes this.
  3. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

Thanks for the heads up on this. In hindsight, I won't necessarily be surprised by a C++ 2017 redist requirement, however I am a little surprised that the UnityPhysicsSamples builds and run but the test project doesn't?
    In the player log I see UpdateInGroup errors. I wonder if they are just red herrings.

4. argibaltzi

argibaltzi

I have the same problem but installing VC++ redist does not fix the problem, am i doing something wrong or is there any other solution?

5. Sima_Havok

Sima_Havok

Could you please provide more details. Do you have "Unable to load plugin" in the stand alone app or in the editor? Do you have any logs to share?

6. argibaltzi

argibaltzi

ok turns out there was an issue with licence key as were using the ps4 one

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  7. Markus4Unity

Markus4Unity

Having the same problem. No issues in Editor, but after build I get "Unable to load plugin HavokNative". Any hint what the issue was with the license key?

8. argibaltzi

argibaltzi

Make sure you have a valid license to use havok
    • Unity Personal: Free to use.
    • Unity Plus: Free to use.
    If the key you are using falls under Unity Pro then it will not work without a havok subscription

9. Markus4Unity

Markus4Unity

Hey Argi, thanks for your reply.

In the end I had to use 64bit architecture in build config. Looks like x86 isnt supported at all by Havok in Unity.

argibaltzi likes this.
  10. argibaltzi

argibaltzi

oh yes that too :)

11. petarmHavok

petarmHavok

Did you want to do an x86 game, or you just had it by mistake?