Search Unity

Unable to load or create projects

Discussion in 'Linux' started by billsmugs, Sep 13, 2015.

1. billsmugs

billsmugs

I haven't yet reported this via the Unity Bug Reporter, as I suspect it's a problem with my system configuration. Let me know if I should send the report anyway.

Whenever I try to open an existing project (created in the Windows version, via Wine), or create a new one, I immediately get the Bug Reporter window and the editor closes. I never reach the actual editor window, just the project choosing dialog. The created projects contain only an empty "Assets" folder and a "Temp" folder that contains the UnityLockFile.

The lines from Editor.log that I expect to be relevant are below, see the attached file for the full log:
    As a side note, perhaps ".log" should be added to the list of permitted extensions when uploading a file to the forums?

I have tried the current and previous releases of the Linux editor and both behave in the same way.

I'm using Xubuntu 15.04, with kernel version 3.19.0-28-generic and the NVIDIA 346.59 drivers from the Ubuntu "Additional Drivers" selection, with a GTX 980 card. I've tried running the editor on both Xfce and Gnome desktops and I installed using the .deb package.

Thanks in advance for help getting this running, it's great to see a Linux editor finally becoming available, even if I can't get it to work at the moment!

Attached Files:

2. Cybolic

Cybolic

timtoo likes this.
  3. billsmugs

billsmugs

I can create/load projects successfully by starting Unity from the terminal with the command
    GTK_IM_MODULE is set to "fcitx" and XMODIFIERS is set to "@im=fcitx" for me, by default.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015