Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to load or create projects

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by billsmugs, Sep 13, 2015.

1. billsmugs

billsmugs

I haven't yet reported this via the Unity Bug Reporter, as I suspect it's a problem with my system configuration. Let me know if I should send the report anyway.

Whenever I try to open an existing project (created in the Windows version, via Wine), or create a new one, I immediately get the Bug Reporter window and the editor closes. I never reach the actual editor window, just the project choosing dialog. The created projects contain only an empty "Assets" folder and a "Temp" folder that contains the UnityLockFile.

The lines from Editor.log that I expect to be relevant are below, see the attached file for the full log:
    As a side note, perhaps ".log" should be added to the list of permitted extensions when uploading a file to the forums?

I have tried the current and previous releases of the Linux editor and both behave in the same way.

I'm using Xubuntu 15.04, with kernel version 3.19.0-28-generic and the NVIDIA 346.59 drivers from the Ubuntu "Additional Drivers" selection, with a GTX 980 card. I've tried running the editor on both Xfce and Gnome desktops and I installed using the .deb package.

Thanks in advance for help getting this running, it's great to see a Linux editor finally becoming available, even if I can't get it to work at the moment!

Attached Files:

2. Cybolic

Cybolic

timtoo likes this.
  3. billsmugs

billsmugs

I can create/load projects successfully by starting Unity from the terminal with the command
    GTK_IM_MODULE is set to "fcitx" and XMODIFIERS is set to "@im=fcitx" for me, by default.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
unityunity