Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to load file .framework.js! since updating to Unity 2021.2

Discussion in 'WebGL' started by RichTufty, Nov 10, 2021.

1. RichTufty

RichTufty

Hi,
    We've been building a WebGL project fine in Unity 2021.1 I did try out the 2021.2 when it was in Beta to test the improvements they offered, but never could get a build working, it was always missing the framework.js file once built.
    Now that 2021.2 is out, we've upgraded our project, and now doing a WebGL 2 build, again I get the same issue, there doesn't seem to be a framework.js file in the Build folder.

Is this a bug? Or am I missing a build setting somewhere?

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

2. RichTufty

RichTufty

Tried on 2021.2.2f1 also, still get the same issue.

3. Dan_Kodable

Dan_Kodable

Hey there, I experienced the same thing with our builds, using our own custom build script.
    If I made a default "non-development" build with unity's defaults, it would include the framework.js file, if I used my own script that I have been using for years, it would hang (windows 10) trying to do the build. I still have not isolated which setting is causing the issue with my script.
    While working with Unity to isolate an unrelated issue -
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/monterey-safari-15-1-broken-graphics.1189021/
    I came across this issue. I updated to 2021.2.1f1 to try and resolve my other issue and got this, as well as with 2021.2.2f1.
    Even though I did manage to make it build using the defaults, the resulting build doesn't load.
    I have a bug filed for this -
    https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1379238_39rk6iffms54uvgh
    It happens even with a empty project and a fresh default build with Unity 2021.2.1f1 and 2021.2.2f1

unityunity