Search Unity

Unable to list target platforms.

Discussion in 'Android' started by Abdo023, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Abdo023

Abdo023

I don't have a lot of experience with Android or Java. When I try to build to Android device I get this error:
    I have the latest version of Android Studio along with all its tools and stuff, I also installed Java 8.

How can I fix this?

2. mgear

mgear

DmitryKanunnikoff likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Check Edit -> Preferences -> External Tools to see if you have the path set up there. If not you're going to want to fill out both the SDK and JDK directories.

prefs.png

4. Abdo023

Abdo023

I have the correct paths set for both sdk and jdk. I deleted java 9, but now I get these errors:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  5. mgear

mgear

it still shows jdk9 on that.. so could be the problem.

6. Abdo023

Abdo023

I restarted unity and it worked, but now it freezes on the "Packaging Assets" phase while building. I restarted 3 times and same thing. I deleted the library folder and let unity generate it again and also turned off the global baked lighting thing.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  7. tgr_pointvoucher

tgr_pointvoucher

I am experiencing the same problem using JKD8-152. The error is:

CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct.
    C:/Android/sdk\tools\bin\avdmanager.bat list target -c
    stderr[
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.android.prefs.AndroidLocation.getAvdFolder()Ljava/lang/String;
    at com.android.sdklib.tool.AvdManagerCli.init(AvdManagerCli.java:278)
    at com.android.sdklib.tool.AvdManagerCli.run(AvdManagerCli.java:210)
    at com.android.sdklib.tool.AvdManagerCli.main(AvdManagerCli.java:200)
    ]
    stdout[

I can replicate the java error via the commandline, so it seems to be a problem with the Android installation.

The funny thing is that it only fails in 2017.3 (both f3 and p1) but not in 2017.2. Same project. Same Android settings in preferences. So apparently 2017.3 also have another way of detecting the target platform - or need to do it where 2017.2 did not.

8. tgr_pointvoucher

tgr_pointvoucher

Ok. So I fixed it by renaming the avdmanager.bat file as I noticed that it was not present on one of my other platforms that build fine. I don't know what I have broken in Android tooling doing that, but at least Unity can build now.

9. DmitryKanunnikoff

DmitryKanunnikoff

10. Shammo_BD

Shammo_BD

Same issues here man,worked just fine before update,so dissappointed man.

11. lebustamant

lebustamant

I've got exactly the same Error and your solution worked. Who knows if that messes up my Android Studio for other purposes, but it did the trick. Thank you! I wonder if this problem is listed somewhere in the release notes, how can the Unity development team not notice such a basic problem?

12. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

13. Desertleaf

Desertleaf

Hi, im having the same annoying issue but im clueless as to what is not being found - the JDK or the SDK.

Prior to seeing this post,

i was using unity 2017.1.0f3, and could not get unity to build to android using SDK tools from version 24.0.0 to 28.0.2. I was using JDK10. I installed to unity 2018.2.0F2, same problem occurred.

Saw this post,

removed all JDKS, installed JDK8 update 181, uninstalled Android Studio, reinstalled andriod studio and its default SDK. I still get the same error.

CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct.
    B:/Work/Java\bin\java.exe -Xmx1024M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="C:/Users/Red2Black/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk\tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "B:\Work\Unity 2018.2.0f2\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer/Tools\sdktools.jar"

I dont know what to do, Im dying inside out.

14. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

What is the output of
    B:/Work/Java\bin\java.exe -version
    ?
    What is the output of
    java -version
    when the current directory is, for example, B:?

15. halken

halken

Had the same issue. Fixed by installing JDK 8. Note, even though java.exe -version reported 8, the other version was still interfering. I had to uninstall JDK 10 and suddenly it worked.

Yury-Habets likes this.
  16. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Correct. Oracle installations add latest java executable to your PATH, which interferes with Android SDK.

17. Shenanigans2

Shenanigans2

18. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

DON'T DO THAT!

DBarlok likes this.