Search Unity

Unable to list Multiple Projects that share the same name, Unity Hub Bug

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Briskfx, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Briskfx

Briskfx

There is a bug where the unity hub will not allow 2 projects with the same base name to exist in the list.

I have a Project Directory with a bunch of different folders, each named for a unity version. Part of development sometimes involves copying a unity project and updating it to use a newer unity version. If I attempt to manually open the copied project it will delete the previous one from the unity hub Projects list even though the path and the unity version are different.

Fixing this issue would make unity Hub very useful. A nice bonus feature would be if the hub could automatically clone a selected project and open it in a newer version of unity.

2. Briskfx

Briskfx

Digging into it father it looks like it does keep all the projects in the list. However it does not keep projects stickied to the top. However my install of Unity Hub completely broke so I was unable to test if it would open the projects correctly.

3. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi Brisk,

It's in our plan to rework the projects management in the Hub and transform the recent project list into a work space management.