Search Unity

Bug Unable to list keys in the keystore

Discussion in 'Android' started by RegisB, Aug 21, 2013.

1. RegisB

RegisB

Hi,
    I've been experimating a lot of trouble with keystores since I installed the last version of Unity4
    I wrote down all my keystores password, but for all of them, I now have the same error message when I try to scroll to select the Key Alias:
    I'm sure my passwords are ok, as I even tried to create a new keystore for testing, and it works until I reboot Unity, then the same message appears as an error, like the password I typed 1 minute before where wrong again.

Does anyone one have any idea why it can't read the keystores anymore please ? I can't update any more android app now :/

console text :

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

The post may be old, but its the top search result in google for "Unable to list keys in the keystone Unity"

Got stuck with it myself too, restart Unity, and save the keystore when creating it inside your Unity folder, it should be the default place that comes up when saving it.
    When trying to save it anywhere else i got the error, saving it in default place (unity folder, not inside assets) it works.

Hope this helps any others that come across it from search results! ^_^

Ricks likes this.
  3. MarceloBarce

MarceloBarce

Man, I need to make an update for my game Tiny Acrobats (which has more than 70.000 downloads) and I'm getting the same error.
    I'm going nuts, I need to publish this update as soon as possible, I have thousands of users waiting for it.

I made the last update 1 month ago with no problems.

4. Crichton333

Crichton333

Just place the file in the location where it was when you used it. It may be stuck at finding that previous location.

Or you may have actually enterred the wrong password.

5. Marzoa

Marzoa

Same problem here. Triple checked the password is right. Even it works fine from command line with:

keytool -list -v -keystore keystore.keystore

Location cannot be the same since I am developing with different computers, but I fail to see how this could be a problem. It has never been with Eclipse for example.

Did any of you figure howt to solve it?

SOLVED: For some reason that I ignore, I had to select the keystore file TWICE to keep it in the keystore field... once I did that, everything worked fine.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  6. Shaq

Shaq

I am having the same issue unable to update my app on Play Store.
    Seems the key is corrupt or is it because of Unity 4.6 (UNITY 4.6 RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 )
    Any Advise help please, I really need to update my app.

I am not smiling any more

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's lovely how this is not resolved

8. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah

Vordyn likes this.
  9. mak_comsian

mak_comsian

maybe the name of keystore is not correct.......................................correct it that will solve the case

10. subaa-phd

subaa-phd

Makesure you must have keystone file extension with "keystone".
    I solved it by adding extension manually.

11. YeshuaRap

YeshuaRap

Tenia el mismo problema. Estaba poniendo la contraseña incorrecta.

vocescol likes this.
  12. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

I just had this problem, the key will not show up unless the password you typed for keystore is correct

13. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

keystone?
    Did you mean keystore?

14. UnCursed

UnCursed

I had the same problem when I transferred the project to a new computer and a new version of Unity (from 5.4 to 2019.1). Resolved quickly. In Unity, I disabled the built-in SDK and gradle and pointed the path to those that were installed along with Android Studio.

15. fahimbinashad147

fahimbinashad147

For me, I solved it by typing the country code 001 instead of +1

16. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

having this now. i created the password in notepad and copied it when I created the keystore. Now when loading it with obviously the same password, it does not work.

17. fabmade

fabmade

i have the same problem, with keytool -list -v -keystore keystore.keystore it works with the password, but in unity not..

Do you find a solution?

18. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

no i started from scratch again and somehow didn't run into the same problem again. I have stored the password in notepad..

19. stickygamessthlm

stickygamessthlm

Having the same problem here. Unity 2020.3.19f1 (LTS version) on Mac.

- I created the keystore following the instructions on the Google Play Developer's support pages to work with their App Signing functionality. I changed the file extension from .JKS to .keystore. Google accepted the .pem certificate I exported from the keystore. Now not feeling great about asking them to change it again because Unity is being petulant about it...
    - The password works in terminal to access the keys in the store.
    - I also tried changing the password to a simple all-letters password, which still doesn't work in Unity.
    - I tried moving the keystore to Unity's default location as someone suggested here. Not working.
    - I tried changing the name of the keystore to the default name Unity suggests. Not working.

I've been in touch with Unity support about an Android build problem related to the included Android SDK/JDK etc., I have asked them to point someone with the right technical knowledge to this thread to see if this problem – which has apparently been around since 2013(!) – can get some attention.

EDIT:
    Ok, so I found a workaround for this. Using keytool, you can transfer keystore entries between two different keystores. So I created a new keystore using Unity's keystore manager tool, and then used the following mac terminal command to transfer the entry:

keytool -importkeystore \
    -srckeystore sourceKeystore.keystore \
    -destkeystore destinationKeystore.keystore \
    -srcstoretype PKCS12 \
    -deststoretype JKS \
    -v

Terminal will prompt for source and destination keystore passwords, and ask if you want to overwrite entries

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Dahaka444 likes this.
  20. Mohamed_Orabi

Mohamed_Orabi

I solved it this way
    Setting _ Time & Language _ Region _ Additional data , time & regional settings _ Region _ Administrative _ change system locale

Beta: Use Unicode Utf_8

yashubhati and mkfcga like this.
  21. Anoogames

Anoogames

Thank you so much It's working

22. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

Hi, where did you find this ???

23. engyasserlr

engyasserlr

Its on Windows Settings My Friend Try to Change it!

24. mostafanastary

mostafanastary

Thanks, work for me, you save my time. ;)

25. Dahaka444

Dahaka444

26. Harsh-K

Harsh-K

i am facing same issue but issue didn't solved by any above method, I use latest unity editor version 2023.2.0f1

27. manugil

manugil

Unity Technologies

Any chance you can report the bug so that we can reproduce it on our side? We will look into it.

→ How do I submit a bug report?

28. Thaina

Thaina