Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unable to list keys in the keystore

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by unitycodergp, Sep 15, 2022.

1. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

Hello,

Everything works correctly in version 2021.1 but with 2021.3.9 the keystore is not recognized.

Here is the error:

Unable to list keys in the keystore. Please make sure the location and password of the keystore is correct.
    /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.9f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/OpenJDK/bin/java -Xmx4096M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir="/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.9f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK/tools" -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -jar "/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.9f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/Tools/sdktools.jar" -

Environment Variables:
    XPC_SERVICE_NAME = application.com.unity3d.unityhub.35378895.35378901
    XPC_FLAGS = 0x0
    JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS = -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
    PATH = /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
    DISPLAY = /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.UdSO5nDPAx/org.macosforge.xquartz:0
    ORIGINAL_XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP = undefined
    SHELL = /bin/bash
    SSH_AUTH_SOCK = /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.kviN0cqRYR/Listeners
    HOME = /Users/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    TMPDIR = /var/folders/lw/f28pkhxj4wjbw9scz7vqdm0r0000gn/T/
    __CFBundleIdentifier = com.unity3d.unityhub
    USER = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING = 0x1F5:0x0:0x1
    LOGNAME = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    JAVA_HOME = /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.9f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/OpenJDK
    COMMAND_MODE = unix2003

stderr[
    Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
    Error:Invalid command keytool-list
    ]
    stdout[

]
    exit code: 64
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

Folder /Users/bokken not exist on my mac and my password is correct :)

Best regards.

2. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

Error:Invalid command keytool-list

Need space between keytool and -list

How to modify the script?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  3. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

2 days and no response from support...

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

In two days time you should have at least been able to try the two most obvious things:

- make a new keystore, see if it works. If it does then your first keystore is corrupt in some way.

- try a new version of Unity, see if it works. If it does then something is wrong with the version you're using.

Keep this in mind also:

Android build not building:

Recently (circa July 2022) there have been reports of Unity's installer failing to install the Android Tools.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/cant-build-for-android.1306098/

If it's not that, then here's how to troubleshoot:

First, make a blank project with a single blank scene and prove that it builds successfully.

If it does NOT build, then go fix your Unity installation, or your other tools, such as Android SDK, NDK, JDK, etc.

Until you can build a blank project to the target platform, don't fiddle with anything else.

Once you can build a blank project, now bisect the problem by bringing over parts of your current project and building it one subsystem at a time, perhaps stubbing things out that might trigger compiler errors.

Most often things that prevent building are third-party libraries such as Firebase.

Once you identify the subsystem, go to the documentation for it and make sure you are doing it correctly.

It may also be helpful to work through a tutorial or two for that subsystem.

5. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

As I stated in my message: Everything works correctly in version 2021.1 but with 2021.3.9 the keystore is not recognized.

6. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Cool! What happens if you make a new keystore and try it? If that doesn't work either then that version of Unity is cursed, try another.

(Note: This is all ANY support response is going to tell you and should be on the hot list of things you try when something doesn't work. They're not going to tell you some magic set of secret keystrokes to make it work. This is just basic troubleshooting 101 and you have to step up the game.)

7. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

No comment.

8. unity_hIYsjMNBSutupg

unity_hIYsjMNBSutupg

Hi,
    I have the same issue. For me it started after replacing macBooks. It works on the older one but not on the newer one. All commands seam to be without the space as you mentioned and thats why it's not working. Have you found a solution to this?

9. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

Hi,
    Like you the problem occurred after a change of macbook and I still haven't solved the problem.
    No answer from Unity support to a Pro member.
    Thank you.

10. unity_hIYsjMNBSutupg

unity_hIYsjMNBSutupg

I downgraded the system to the original one and it works there. After I updated again to 12.6 it stopped.
    I'm unable to create a new one in the project that I'm working on. When I create a brand new project then I'm able to create a new one but when I reopen Unity and try to use it it doesn't work anymore.
    To make it more confusing my team buddy has the same OS version and no issues

11. unity_hIYsjMNBSutupg

unity_hIYsjMNBSutupg

I have fixed it.
    Not sure what exactly helped but things that I did:
    - installed python 3.6
    - installed .Net SKD
    - updated every single firebase sdk (I did that because I wasn't even able to export the project)
    And idk why but now I can use keystores within Unity

12. unitycodergp

unitycodergp

Thank you but does not work in my case.

To Unity support:
    a big thx for your great help :(

unityunity