Search Unity

Unable to launch Unity via terminal

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by victormas007, Aug 13, 2019.

1. victormas007

victormas007

Hi,
    I have a Ubuntu 18.04, downloaded Unity via:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-on-linux-release-notes-and-known-issues.350256/page-2
    Got licenses sorted out and can't seem to launch. Used this video for help

Got:
    /home/victor/Unity-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Unity: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have added a screenshot, Unity is in there.

Any help would be appreciated.

VanquishVictor

Attached Files:

2. arthurcoser

arthurcoser

Looks like you're missing the libgconf-2-4 lib. I don't know if you tried installing it already.

From "Unity on Linux: Release Notes and Known Issues #88":

3. victormas007

victormas007

No didn't try to install it. but I gave give it a try

Result:
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

Thanks for your quick reply

4. MostHated

MostHated

That comes up sometimes if you have the gu software repository open to download things, or if another update / install process was going on. If it doesn't want to let go, restartng should clear it up.

5. victormas007

victormas007

I have restarted and the issue is still there. Should I try and reinstall Unity 3d? or does it seem to be a hardware issue?

6. MostHated

MostHated

Well, neither really. That message is an OS message. You might have to just search that error message along with your OS name and version to find some trouble shooting steps. I believe there ends up being a lock file you have to delete so the system knows that it is not actually in use anymore.