Search Unity

Unable to Install Unity Cloud Profile on new iOS devices

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by KerChunkDev, Oct 1, 2018.

1. KerChunkDev

KerChunkDev

We have a working iOS cloud build where we are unable to install the profile for Unity Cloud builds on new devices. These devices have been added to the adhoc provisioning profile using the device UDIDs.

Steps to Recreate:
    1. During the flow for downloading recent cloud builds from email, on these new devices we tap "Detect Device."
    2. The user sees "We need to detect your iOS UDID before you can install apps." The user hits okay.
    3. Users are then taken to the iOS settings where they see the "Unity Setup" window and are told to tap install to continue. This profile shows as verified and signed by *.cloud.unity3d.com
    Unity_01_InstallProfile.png
    4. Users tap "install" and are told to enter their passcode for the device. After entering it in, they must hit an OS level prompt that says install.
    5. Users hit this prompt.
    6. Users are then taken to developer.cloud.unity3d.com in safari where the URL seems to perpetually load. We see the header for the page with the Unity icon and the develop dropdown, but nothing else appears. The blue bar for loading the page sits there half completed. When we go back to profiles under the iOS settings, no profile is installed.
    Unity_02_PerpetualLoad.png

Issue:
    Because we cannot install the profile, we cannot install cloud builds on these new devices. We are looking for any ideas on what may be making it so we are unable to install the profile.

Knowns:
    • We have tested on multiple networks and connections. We have ensured that this is not an issue with connectivity.
    • We have tested over multiple days and successful builds.
    • The two devices we have tried are an iPhone X running iOS 11.4.1 and an iPhone 6+ running iOS 12.0
    • Some members of the team are able to install the current cloud builds on iOS devices, but their cloud build profile was installed weeks ago on their devices.
    • Our UDIDs for the devices experiencing this issue are correct - we have double checked them.

2. KerChunkDev

KerChunkDev

Follow-Up:

We are able to grab our builds by visiting developer.cloud.unity3d.com directly and not using the detect device feature by accessing the flow from e-mail. From there we are able to grab the builds and install direct to these two new devices so there is a workaround.

This issue seems unique to the Detect Device flow.

3. timtunity3d

timtunity3d

Unity Technologies

I'm able to reproduce the issue and am currently looking into a fix.

4. shark812

shark812

yeah same here

5. FunReality

FunReality

The problem is still here...

6. FunReality

FunReality

The problem is solved! The solution is using safari in NOT PRIVATE MODE

litebox likes this.
  7. Flarup

Flarup

Hi @timtunity3d I think this problem have shown up again. On a new iDevice, whenever I get to the "Device Detection" page it wants to download the configuration profile. I then go to Settings on the phone, approve the installation, but when I follow the install link again and get to the "Device Detection" page it wants to download the configuration profile again.

Also, I'm not running Safari in private mode.

Is there are fix coming up for this, or is there a known workaround?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
    Uffe Flarup

8. Flarup

Flarup

After much reading on the forums, I found the following work-around that someone else had discovered:

The problem is that I open the download link directly from the Gmail app. You have to copy the link from the mail/slack/whatever, and then open up Safari, and paste the link into Safari. Then it works.

9. markgrossnickle

markgrossnickle

The solution for us was we had to enable cloud permissions for our team. In developer.cloud.unity3d.com go to settings and users and make sure to add the users you want to have cloud access.

10. TealRB

TealRB

I've been tracking down this problem. It seems that it was caused by us using the slack integration. If you click on the link inside slack it opens it in a webform that doesn't allow you to download, but if you copy the link and paste it into Safari then there's no webform so it downloads fine.

chitvan_bt and Neltor like this.
  11. litebox

litebox

This works for me

12. chitvan_bt

chitvan_bt

My team was stuck on "device detection". When a user clicks on it, the certificate installation page takes them to a link which says page not found. So apparently slack was causing it.

This solution worked for me! Thank you.