Search Unity

Question Unable to get channel from subscription repository

Discussion in 'Game Server Hosting' started by tony040209_unity, Dec 12, 2022.

1. tony040209_unity

tony040209_unity

[Wire]: Attempting connection on: ws://127.0.0.1:8086/v1/connection/websocket
    ERROR: Shader UI/Default shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
    [Wire]: Websocket connected to : ws://127.0.0.1:8086/v1/connection/websocket. Initiating Wire handshake.
    [Wire]: Could not get subscription with channel[server#43024964] from subscription repository!
    [Wire]: Could not get direct subscription channel[] Defaulting to first subscription!
    [Wire]: The Wire server is sending publications related to an unknown channel: server#43024964.
    Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:0 errno:0 addr:(nil)

May I ask why the following log appears:

1. Unable to get channel from subscription repository

2. Unable to obtain direct subscription channel

3. The Wire server is sending publications related to an unknown channel: server#43024964.

zorgomat likes this.
  2. zorgomat

zorgomat

Same thing happens to me sometimes.

I have a headless server fleet setup with Matchmaker. Sometimes it takes a very long time to get the match and I noticed this message in server logs:

2[Wire]: Attempting connection on: ws://127.0.0.1:8086/v1/connection/websocket
    3[Wire]: Websocket connected to : ws://127.0.0.1:8086/v1/connection/websocket. Initiating Wire handshake. 4[Wire]: Could not get subscription with channel[server#43347155] from subscription repository!
    5[Wire]: Could not get direct subscription channel[] Defaulting to first subscription!
    6[Wire]: The Wire server is sending publications related to an unknown channel: server#43347155.

Also the events log has this error in the same session:

Date Jan 8, 2023, 12:43 PM GMT+1

Machine 6206060

Event: Failed performing start: gameserver request: (action: start, statuscode: 501, errors: 500 Can't connect to localhost:8086 (Connection refused). Can't connect to localhost:8086 (Connection refused) Connection refused at /usr/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50. )

How to reproduce (and it doesn't happen all the time):
    1. The fleet has to deallocate, so it's a cold start. For me it's just passing some time without trying to play.
    2. Try to connect to that fleet.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  3. SuperBytes

SuperBytes

Same here, did you get any success on that?

4. jackw_unity

jackw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi all, thank you for your post regarding this bug and apologies for the delay on this one.

Additionally thanks for the repro steps Zorgomat I've forwarded these on to the SDK Engineers.

It is believed that this issue likely lies within the Embedded Wire package version that is provided as part of the pre 7 release of our SDK. A custom package has been created for this if you would you be willing to add it to your game to see if that helps somewhat?

Engineers provided this information to help with manual integration of the package:

Attached is a modified version of 1.0.0-pre.8 with EmbedWire updated to use code from Wire version 1.1.4 .

The customer can load this package tarball with the instructions from here (they should remove any other Multiplay SDK versions first).​

Due to Forum limitations around file extension names please firstly download the zip file and extract it to get the file com.unity.services.multiplay-1.0.0-EmbedWireUpdated.tgz before following the above instructions.

Additionally, if you're uncomfortable downloading files via our forum please submit a support ticket to us via support.unity.com and I will be happy to provide files there.

Attached Files: