Search Unity

Unable to find "Implement Unity Message" in right click menu in Visual Studio 2019

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by AntonioFroger, Jul 31, 2019.

1. AntonioFroger

AntonioFroger

I installed visual studio 2019 (16.2.0) ,and unity tools 2019. The unity version is 2019.3.0a8;
    the code completion works well but there is no "Implement Unity Message" in right click menu, and there is no "attach to unity" in the toolbar.And shortcut such as" CTRL+SHIFT+M" does not work;

2. AntonioFroger

AntonioFroger

VS 2017 works

3. yagiz

yagiz

I have the same problem. Did you manage to solve it?

4. richardpier

richardpier

Hello,

can it be that the "Implement Unity Messages" works differently in newer versions (via autocompletion)? I couldn't find anything up-to-date on the subject on google. It can still be seen in older videos.

The autocomplete makes the assistant superfluous? - I am not sure ...

"Strg+Shift+M" (Tutorial "1.Update and FixedUpdate" from Project Beginner Scripting) doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Edit -> Preferences -> External Tools here can be selected under External Script Editor "Microsoft Visual Studio". After restarting the editor, autocomplete should work (also Ctrl-Spacebar, etc., if you have canceled autocomplete).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  5. RixCraft

RixCraft

Hello.

If you type the method by hand, Visual Studio recognizes it as a Unity Method.
    Still that doesn't help at all because you would have to know all the Unity Methods.

richardpier likes this.
  6. RixCraft

RixCraft

Hello again,
    Ok this is weir, I just wrote " monobehaviour " inside the already existing class and the double-tab to use the snippet. Of course it creates a class within a class but now all is ok, i can see the "Implement Unity Message" with right click, the Unity Project Explorer and the "Attach to Unity" option on the run botton.
    Of course you can erase the code inserted by the snippet and everything remains fine.

richardpier likes this.