Search Unity

Unable to find csharp compiler

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dave_Voyles, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Dave_Voyles

Dave_Voyles

Since I upgraded to Unity 5.0, I receive this error about Unity being unable to find the csharp compiler. The only resolution I've found for this issue is to wipe Unity from my machine and do a fresh install. It seems to happen at random, regardless of the project. Whether it is new, a project I've been working on, or one from a friend, this error will poke its ugly head.

Here is the exact error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Could not start compilationApplicationException: Unable to find csharp compiler in C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\unity
    2. UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MonoCSharpCompiler.GetCompilerPath (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 arguments) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MonoCSharpCompiler.cs:72)
    3. UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.MonoCSharpCompiler.StartCompiler () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/MonoCSharpCompiler.cs:43)
    4. UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.ScriptCompilerBase.BeginCompiling () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/Compilers/ScriptCompilerBase.cs:47)
    5. UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:Refresh()
    6. SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.VersionSpecificAssemblyGenerator:CheckVersionSpecificAssembly()
    7. SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.<>c__DisplayClass3:<RunOnceOnUpdate>b__2()
    8. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()
    Has anyone run into this before?

I'm running Win 8.1 x64 (up to date) and thae latest build of Unity 5 (64bit).