Search Unity

Bug Unable to enter text after clicking somewhere

Discussion in 'Linux' started by boustrophedon, Sep 4, 2015.

1. boustrophedon

boustrophedon

I'm on arch linux, using the package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/unity-editor/

When opening unity for the first time, I can enter text in a text box and tab to another one and continue writing, but if I click into another textbox or a checkbox or something, I become unable to enter text into textboxes. Specifically, the textbox becomes highlighted, but typing does not do anything.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

This occurs to me as well. I can put my cursor in the textbox and select text but I cannot do anything else. Keyboard input does not work for me either. I am running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit.

EDIT:

Hold on! I just switched workspaces and all of the sudden it works fine.

3. boustrophedon

boustrophedon

Yes, I get the same thing. if i switch windows or anything it starts working again.

4. SergeantG

SergeantG

Lubuntu 15.04 64bit, both versions of Unity3d ( august & september versions ) have the same behaviour as pointed by boustrophedon & Ankhranum.

5. se-fLa

se-fLa

Confirm same bug, first I had trouble with the survey form. Couldn't scroll down using mouse or keys, then suddenly it worked. Then when creating first project I couldn't type the project name, focus but not type. After switching windows, possibly desktop, it worked.

Unity for Linux 5.1.0f3 (...19e1)
    Linux 3.13.0-63-generic #103-Ubuntu x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux