Search Unity

Bug Unable to edit Animation Rigging Component in Play Mode

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by HellGate94, Mar 24, 2021.

1. HellGate94

HellGate94

Since Animation Rigging is now out of preview i really hope this is a bug and not desired behavior

i'm sure the reason is because it uses burst / jobs in the background and the data is copied to native containers, but as a user i really don't care. this is unusable...

Animation Rigging 1.0.3
    Unity 2020.3.1f1

2. MariusLangeland

MariusLangeland

Mecanim is currently animating this object, thus you will be unable to alter it yourself. You can not move objects with active keyframes.

Use another object with multi-parent constraint in order to move your animated object procedurally at runtime.

3. HellGate94

HellGate94

the object is just an empty i created for the source object in the multi aim constraint. it has no parent transform so no animation should be interfering

4. shashwat11m

shashwat11m

DID YOU FIND ANY SOLUTION! I am stuck with this problem from a week.
    Please Help.

5. HellGate94

HellGate94

nah i haven't bothered with it anymore. gave up on unity fixing basic things like this

6. shashwat11m

shashwat11m

I find a trick to work with this bug, you can disable animator component, then you can edit rigging component or transforms. And enable the animator component to see the results.
    Hope the bug get fixed soon to do the things smoothly.

unity_zL4mJaTePZ9bOg likes this.
  7. HellGate94

HellGate94

nice to know there is a workaround at least

8. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

9. HellGate94

HellGate94

it's been a while but as far as i remember and understand from the bug report it's not the same. the game object i tried to move was not part of the animation but a pain empty go with no parent. also i was not able to edit any properties of the rig component and it was also not part of the animation. the whole hierarchy looked something like this (as suggested in the docs & that ninja demo video):

ModelContainer
    |-> RootBone
    |-> SkinnedMeshRenderer
    |-> Rig + MultiAimConstraint
    TargetGameObject

but that's only out of memory. i no longer have this project so i can't confirm it

10. chemicalcrux

chemicalcrux

I've been running into this occasionally. I checked that all of my animation states have writeDefaults checked (with it unchecked, weights get frozen; with it checked, I can edit weights).

I can rotate the empty GameObjects that I'm using as sources for a Twist Chain constraint, but I can't move them. They're also getting moved out of their initial positions, which is strange. It's like they're being animated, but I'm pretty sure that there's nothing pointing at them, and that nothing is referring to them by name.

Is there anything I can do to find out what's animating their positions?

11. NicolasSouza-NIckSDev

NicolasSouza-NIckSDev

hi guys, one of you find a solution?

12. Dennisrudolph

Dennisrudolph

Did you enable Preview in the animation window?