Search Unity

Bug Unable to drag material to object

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kirtangajjar, Dec 7, 2015.

1. kirtangajjar

kirtangajjar

I've been trying to follow the Roll-a-ball tutorial and I just can't drag material on any object. Only way i've found to apply material to a object is to drag it on object in scene window.

System: Ubuntu 14.04

2. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

Select the object, you'll find a mesh renderer component. You can add the material here, click the little circle to the right and select your material.

Drag/drop works for me, the cursor doesn't change to let me know that I'm dragging something, but it works. I found that it works better when dragging from a "one column view" project window.

3. Haumohio

Haumohio

After a bit of experimentation, I managed to make it work by dragging the material onto the field in the "Mesh Renderer" property section.

4. files_copying

files_copying

Thanks Haumohio. Your explanation helped me move forward with the tutorial.

5. maquis

maquis

Interesting. I can't drag anything onto the object in the scene window. It will either apply to everything that it passes over on its way to the object, or it will simply ignore the attempt to drag. I have to drag things just into the game hierarchy and drop it on the name of the object there.

kreso likes this.
  6. Theresagill

Theresagill

If the object is out of view (such as under a plane), you can't drag the material on it. Adjust the object to be in view. Know that you can still see the outline of an object which would be out of view when you highlight it in hierarchy.

7. BiswajitSahoo

BiswajitSahoo

Check whether the object onto which you are dragging the material have a MeshFiler and MeshRenderer object attached to it, as the Renderer is required for material.