Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unable to download from the asset store? Unity 2019.4.1f1 LTS running on Linux Mint 19.3 XFCE

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by Sam_Pr, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

This isn't an issue that's new to this version, it was present in all previous 2019 iterations I had used, I just hoped that the new LTS version would fix the issue.

The asset store itself functions more or less. There is all variety of formatting errors and for some reason it doesn't let me play any HTML 5 videos. But that's beside the point. I can not download assets from the asset store at all. If I click the download button on anything it will attempt to begin downloading but then stay indefinitely at 0% See Here

I found this 2019 thread about it, but it doesn't appear that the Editor.log contains any sort of curl error or similar. There are however LicensingClient Errors at the top of the file.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to connect to local IPC
    2. [Licensing::Module] Failed to connect to channel: LicenseClient-sam
    3. [Licensing::Module] Successfully launched the LicensingClient
    4. [LicensingClient] Timed-out attempting to connect to the Licensing Client on pipe: LicenseClient-sam.
    5. [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to connect to local IPC
    6. [Licensing::Module] Failed to connect to channel: LicenseClient-sam
    7. IPC channel to LicensingClient doesn't exist; falling back to Legacy licensing
    8. [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to disconnect local IPC connection
    Any ideas?

2. MarkrosoftGames

MarkrosoftGames

since its giving you licensing client errors, maybe you should try signing out and signing in again?

Sam_Pr likes this.
  3. Sam_Pr

Sam_Pr

No dice, still won't get past 0%

unityunity