Search Unity

Resolved Unable to create project using ARKit and AR Foundation on Apple Silicon M1 MacBook

Discussion in 'AR' started by motorcycleboy, Jun 29, 2022.

1. motorcycleboy

motorcycleboy

Having followed the steps in this tutorial - https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/setting-up-ar-foundation#5fe2be51edbc2a1f5e69872f, I am unable to create a project that makes use of ARKit.

When I check the box in Project Settings -> XR Plug-in Management for Apple ARKit and try and build I get the following error:

ExecutionFailedException: Execution of actool failed with exit code 72. stderr:
    xcrun: error: unable to find utility "actool", not a developer tool or in PATH

I also get the same error if I try and build the arfoundation-samples project.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Develoop likes this.
  2. ankur-unity

ankur-unity

Unity Technologies

This appears to be an issue with your Xcode setup. Few things to check:
    1. Do you have Xcode and command line tools installed?
    2. Is Command Line Tools set under Xcode > Preferences > Locations > Command Line Tools.

3. motorcycleboy

motorcycleboy

Xcode and command line tools were both installed but Xcode > Preferences > Locations > Command Line Tools was blank for some reason. Changing that fixed it... thanks for your help!

4. tomicz

tomicz

Did work, thank you!

5. Develoop

Develoop

Works perfectly! Thank you!

6. jiungerich

jiungerich

I am getting this error. I have Command Line Tools installed. I reinstalled this after I read this, but this did not solve my problem.

Update - I fixed this by going to XCode>Settings>Locations>Command Line Tools (note preferences has been changed to Settings). It showed the Command Line Tools version but had some odd text that XCode was not selected even though it showed a version in the box. I clicked the box. It asked for my password. Once I entered my password, the error cleared, and everything worked.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  7. marconymonteiro

marconymonteiro

The same for me. Many many thanks! type of error that just a curious mind can fix. Congrats and many thanks again!