Search Unity

Unable to create New Reflect Project and see other Cloud Reflect Project in our Organization

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by kanggrek, Aug 4, 2022.

1. kanggrek

kanggrek

Hi,

One of my team members is facing an issue in which she is unable to create a new project from Reflect Review in our Organization. Every time she tries to create a new project, the only option is to assign the project to their personal organization (no other options are shown beside her own personal organization). My Organization consists of four members, and the one facing the issue right now is assigned with the Unity Reflect Develop license, her role is User, and she doesn't have access to Unity Pro

At the moment, whenever she tries to create a new project in Reflect Review, the option is limited to her own personal organization and not our team's. Also, she can only see the Reflect projects from her own personal organization, not the other Reflect projects created by other team members.

Does anyone know any solution to this issue? Thanks a lot

Snapshots:
    upload_2022-8-4_18-18-11.png
    Image 1: She can only choose her own personal organization when creating new projects and she can only see Cloud Projects created in her own personal organization and not our team's organization

2. Unity_Derek

Unity_Derek

Unity Technologies

Hello @kanggrek, I am sorry to hear you are facing difficulty with managing Unity Projects. According to this url, a "user" can only see and have access limited information and creating Unity Project should be a manager role instead.

What you can try is a manager create a Unity project and assign your colleague to that project and see if she has access right to it. You can follow this url and try.

My understanding is as a "user" in a organisation can only have access to assigned projects by managers or above.

3. kanggrek

kanggrek

Thanks! You are right, once I assigned her to a Manager role, she can create projects in the organization and she can also see the other cloud projects within the organization. As per my understanding, people with a User role in the organization can only see and have access to projects that has been assigned to them by their manager or above?

4. kanggrek

kanggrek

Do you guys have a detailed documentation on the permission and accessibility of each role on the premise of Unity Reflect and also the requirements of licenses to perform each Reflect action? I find a lot of stuff confusing. For example, I just find out today that to use Reflect Importer from the Package Manager to import Reflect models into Unity, you need to have Unity Pro. Without a Unity Pro license, the Importer will not show you the list of importable Reflect projects (either from your own personal organization or any other organizations).

On the other hand, someone with a Unity Pro account CAN install the Reflect Importer prefab from the Package Manager and CAN see the list of importable Reflect projects, but they CANNOT import them if they don't have Unity Reflect Review/Develop License.

The closest thing I found is this. However, it only shows the permissions and accessibility inside the Unity Reflect Review but doesn't have detailed information on the license requirement and role accessibility for using Reflect Importer in the Unity Editor. It would be great if we have detailed information on what is needed to operate the Unity Reflect in both the Reflect Review app itself and the Unity Editor.

Thanks!

5. Unity_Derek

Unity_Derek

Unity Technologies

I think the way that we have this setup is to allow manager to have more control of what projects that user can see or work on. Manager will individually assign project to users so that they do not step into each other's foot.

6. Unity_Derek

Unity_Derek

Unity Technologies

As per my understanding, I believe you don't need Unity Pro to see the Reflect Importer window. I did a test myself just now with my personal computer that has a non-Unity Pro license I could able to see a project assigned to my personal Unity account. I believe Reflect Develop license and Unity Pro license are needed when you Build the project. But I will ask the team to add a bit more of details on the documentation.

7. kanggrek

kanggrek

So, to summarize:

Managers need to have BOTH Unity Reflect and Pro license to build Reflect projects and assign them to the Users (Without the Unity Reflect License, Managers can't build projects in Reflect)

Users only need the Unity Reflect License to operate Reflect

Am I correct? Thanks

8. Unity_Derek

Unity_Derek

Unity Technologies

Let's just say whoever the person presses the "Build" button on Unity editor, that person will need to have both Unity Pro and Reflect Develop licenses assigned. It doesn't matter if you are the manager or user of the organisation. As long as you have those two licenses assigned in your Unity account, you will be able to build using Unity Editor.